My last Sour Kush

I grab the stem and branches and I twist both hands in opposite ways. I go up the branches until I’m 3 nodes from the topic have pinched but that was because they were too close to my lamp. And yes it does make the places of snapping the stalk and just like Bones they don’t break in the same place twice…
Check out this video… I do this too all my trees but no hard stress when blooming to much will merf it…

I’m sure this is what you are doing

4 Likes

Very similar to super cropping. I’ll make sure to differentiate in my grow photos so everyone can visually see the difference. Great video for sure!

4 Likes

So when he’s pinching out the center on the branches what does that do @Todd.grobo? Create two sites on that branch now instead of one? I could totally supercrop as well. This is way cool man😎 should I pinch?

2 Likes

I pinched the stems for about 3-4 inches near the top on 2 of 4 of my plants the two in the back of the photo. It has visibly benefited them. I did super crop a few branches but not much this time.
I would say the action was more squish than anything. They were rather hard to squish into and I didn’t want to crush them open just damage it enough it would spend energy there. My rule of thumb was when it went droopy, it took 2 days to recover.

3 Likes

I don’t see a picture. So my question is when you pinch out the center growth on a bud site what does that do? Sorry I’m not very clear

1 Like

Can you see the size difference in the back left vs front left? The buds in the back are stacking every 1/2 inch. The buds in the front are half the size and stacking every inch.

I’ll try and get a better photo tonight when they’re awake.

5 Likes

Looks nice :+1:t2:

4 Likes

I do see the difference but I guess I’m missing something. And I don’t know how to explain what I’m asking.

4 Likes

When you pinch it out it damages the stem. A photo period plants reaction to that would be to fix it. Doing so creates many new paths for food and nutrients that were not being provided there previously. This benefits bud because it has access to more food than orher branches you did not do this to.

Ill try to get a better photo tonight when lights are on

5 Likes

Perfect. Thank you. I just needed confirmation on what it did. I will try it. Do you do it towards the end of late vegetation?

3 Likes

Happy I could clarify.
Yes, I did it about 3-5 days before I was going to flip to transition because I knew it would need recovery but not how long. It was about 2 to 2.5 days until I noticed they had perked up

3 Likes

Awesome Todd thank you so much. I’m not very good at putting words together or social media. :rofl: this is really good information. I’m looking forward to trying this method. She looks good from her topping yesterday. :+1:t2:
Thank you

4 Likes

It’s all good! Ask away and if I don’t clearly communicate it, ask me again! I will find a different way of explaining myself so you understand! There is never an issue with that. Always happy to help out.

4 Likes

I’ll pinch just to bend them or tucking a scrog net. Otherwise I chiropractic my stems and branches so you don’t have the problem of heavy buds pulling your branches down you know weighing them down they will be nice and strong and we’ll be able to hold them up but when you get to the tips of the branches where they’re softer I kind of give a little squish with my fingers but other than that pinching is just so you don’t snap the branch so you can even tuck it or put a scrog on it and make sure so they don’t break and guide them in the right place and position but when you chiropractic your plants like the video showed that’s when it’s going to say the big alarm comes on they come up they fix it it puts a lot of power into there and makes your buds bigger. There’s even another way of growing to where you clean everything new growth you prune it and take every leaf off it except for three nodes down from the top. That works very well not a lot of cleaning and when you got your height you need you can actually let it go and it will grow like crazy if you have the right light. I did a little experiment and it worked perfectly but I had it under this cheaper $200 light and it wasn’t moving at all. I put it under my grower Choice lights and it hit two feet and 2 days I mean that s*** boosted up but I was having other problems and it was just an experiment so I threw it away. @Todd.grobo

4 Likes

Thank you for time and explanation. I’m soaking it all in. I’m a first timer but an old timer. I appreciate the time you put aside for helping. :sunglasses::fist:

5 Likes

I didn’t really tell you your plants look amazing and they must be getting close. Lots of trichomes.

4 Likes

My calendar says estimated to be done on Oct 24.

Well see how accurate my math is 3 months ago :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m an old school Grower too just getting back into it… myself and I’ve had bad luck. But you just feel out your grow and you’ll be ok…

4 Likes

It’ll be here Tuesday and I’ll be ordering Gaia Green this Thursday… Yayyyyy
I’ve had the pipping and 2 pump’s. One question what controls the flow of water. The manifold? Or will I need to adjust my pump…? @Mpower11

2 Likes

Sorry I’m not sure what your referencing about to make a comment

2 Likes