My box is to hott 😳

Quick question guys, I’m In day 11/41 of flowing. My ac went out yesterday and the box was 82-85 with 3 :droplet::droplet::droplet:. What can I do? I have 2 fans in the box, 2 small fans in the back where the grobo fans are, 1 cyclone fan in front and1 on the side, and one on top of the box facing downwards towards the back. Plus a humidifier & NOTHING!!! It’s 88 here in Michigan at the moment. It supposed to be 91 :woman_facepalming:t4: Help me!!! I don’t want my baby to die of a heat stroke :hot_face: I can’t put it in my basement because the internet won’t connect even with a extender

2 Likes

Get that AC fixed ASAP!!

4 Likes

Supposed to today :crossed_fingers:t4:

1 Like

If this was a longterm problem there are many things you can do to help lower temps (especially water temp…with a chiller). But short term…fixing that AC is the best bet. =)

Good luck!

2 Likes

Hey @BigNif_313

Sorry to hear about the AC hope they get it up and running for you ASAP! I would suggest pulling the Grobo as far away from any walls as possible, giving it maximum room to “breath” should definitely help lower the temp. Obviously take great care not to move the unit too violently as it could cause water to spill from your reservoir. If you are worried about spilling at all you could conduct a drain, then move unit, then refill once she is in place. Good luck!

4 Likes

If you dont get that ac fixed. Maybe buy a small free standing ac. You coulp point the vent towred the back of the unit.

2 Likes

Home Depot. It’s a bite size unit. Maybe right by the intake fans :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

I have tried that Artic Air Ultra cooler and it was unfortunately inadequate. It is kind of gimmicky hence the “Seen on TV” logo.

What if you looked into @KeefGreenLeef 's odor elimination mod? It not only removes smell but creates air circulation and lowers the inside temp of the Grobo. Since installing mine I have seen a 4 degree drop in temp.

3 Likes

As a quick fix, I would grab as much ice or ice cubes you can and place them in a container right in front of the intake for those fans you have. That should draw cooler air and temporarily cool things down. Worth a shot?

3 Likes

Good to no. If you remove the grobo filter it will get even cooler.

3 Likes

Hey, that sucks about the heat, hopefully it’s died down for you it’s mid 70s for me now in southern ont.
For your light schedule, are the lights on during the day and off at night? If that’s the case, your next grow I would switch it so it’s off during the day and on at night. Will help a little bit with the temps

2 Likes

- - - [2020-06.12]:

Jun 12, '20 7:46 AM

@BigNif_313,

• ((#TeamHasGotYouCovered)): :clap:

(root rot concerns with the warm reservoir): (ClickHere):

--

• (Although [Hydro Guard], [Revive], [Recharge] will help your roots explode): (Apply all three to save plant and Root System):

• (Hydroguard): from Botanicare to ward off any (root rot concerns with the warm reservoir):.

--

--

• ((#RootRotFix)): :adhesive_bandage:

--

:infinity:

• (Sorry This Happened to you):

~~~

- - - [2021-10.11]:

@FireBall,

@Hunchothagoat,

--

:crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers:

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

2 Likes

Try ice in tank it keep roots cool.

3 Likes

The very last/maybe 1st post had my thought. Short term couldn’t you do like a dozen ice cubes every few hours. Just to keep her from going belly up? But I’m a Rookie so what do I know? :v:t2:

1 Like