Mushroom bags for C02

Has anyone tried using mushrooms with the grobo? Common sense tells me NOT to put inside because of humidity issues. How about outside nearby where it can be drawn in by the fans? Just getting some other C02 ideas for the next grow. I know they have the enhancer bottles. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

I am not sure the name. there is something simple you hang on the inside of the door and just spray with water a few times a week. I was looking at it before, seemed interesting. No fuss, hang it and spray it with water every few days.

2 Likes

Are you talking about ExHale bags??

If so I used them before wasn’t a fan for the $$$

2 Likes

I found it:

3 Likes

Yes. I ran across looking for C02 options. For the Grobo only. You think I’d be better off with the Enhancer bottle? I thought I could remove some contents of the bag to better fit inside the grobo or place outside and let fans draw it in?

2 Likes

Your selection looks more manageable. I only found these

1 Like

I personally wouldn’t add Co2 into my grobo… Cost will be high for very little gain…

Co2 is lighter and air… It falls down… So bag should be placed high and let it fall on the plant… (which isn’t the best option in a Grobo)

But if I was going to add Co2 I would get a regulator and a 20lb tank… Then you only have a small 1/4 tube running into the Grobo… The best way to control this is with a Co2 controller but it’s possible a simply timer may work also…

If you need Pictures to understand the setup let me know. I will take some pictures of my gear

4 Likes

What’s a ballpark on cost for this set up @Mpower11 ? I’m possibly interested.

1 Like

Hey bro :sunglasses: what u think :thinking: about them green pads I just seen a few videos on it look :eyes: very interesting :face_with_monocle::+1:t2::dash::seedling:

1 Like

They say the pads last a couple weeks then replace. You would need twelve for four months.that’s a bill extra per grow. In the long run @Mpower11 tank application seems logical depending on cost.

1 Like

At least now I get a bigger picture thanks to these forums. Awesome :sunglasses:

1 Like

The setup I’m talking about is buy far the most expensive way to do it…

Need a 20lb Co2 tank

Cost for tank new is around $150 in my area… You can also rent tanks in my area also… Not sure the price I own all my tanks… Cost to fill tank is around $40 in my area. (remember you have 20Lbs)

next you need a regulator cost is about $100

The tank will be close to the Grobo but outside the unit… all you need to do is run this little line into the Grobo…

Only thing missing is a way to control dosing… I’m thinking a timer should work… I use a control that reads how many PPM of co2 you have in the air… If PPm drops it tells the regulator to open

3 Likes

so the dosing control is inline with that tube going inside? how would I use a timer? this doesn’t seem to bad cost wise and how long it will last.

can i manually keep an eye on it with a co2 meter in the grobo without timer? id rather have one that is automatic like you said. but if not ?

I found this one. It’s ok? It refers to a timer and chart per hour

How many lbs of c02 you think I’ll use in the grobo? Do I have to get a 20 lb bottle? I see they have smaller ones. Also I can refill close by. Checked it all out. @Mpower11

Or a regular plug in wall timer with multiple settings?

:joy:. I think I answered most of my questions with the information you gave me. It’s good to think out loud. Thank you @Mpower11 for the information to get me started. I got it figured out. :+1:t2:

1 Like

Are you there Mark?

Test 1 2 3