Most recent to receive Grobo

Do you have a new grobo or is yours a older model? Hard to tell from the picture. If its a new model please pull your coco pod flush with the grobo or you may run into issues later.

2 Likes

Thanks Stephen. I have been actively lurking on these forums since I purchased :). I’m sure I will be much more active with questions once the unit arrives. One of the reasons I liked the Grobo over other solutions was this forum, filled with lots of useful info, whereas competitors had little information on the web, and little active users commenting about them

2 Likes

When you open your door the photo light will click on but I find that if you use a flash on your iPad, phone, or camera it looks clearer.
Can you see how flush the pod is in this pic? Please try and move yours to match. I think the design of the reservoir was different at first and they learned some things about water hight so they changed the position of the pod.

9 Likes

Very nice!

Thanks again

3 Likes

Got mine 3 days ago. Waiting on nutrients and filter. Started a seed thinking I could start right the recipe away. Didn’t know they don’t ship together or at the same time.

2 Likes

Your good to start, nutrients or filters are not used/ needed during germination period. Have fun!:rainbow:

2 Likes

I started the recipe when I got the box but the pumps or something keep running after it was filled with water. It is blowing bubbles. What exactly should I do? Technically I’m on day 5 of the grow and my seedling is over an inch tall from natural sunlight. Tried to end the grow and start again but it won’t respond. Please help! I don’t want to lose my little girl.

1 Like

Sometimes if you restart the app it will fix the problem so try that first. If not unplug your grobo so that it may reset. A couple extra days in germination won’t kill your plant but it should go right back to the day your on. If it doesn’t you can always go to maintenance and adjust or put in a ticket.

1 Like

Today, my Grobo is due to arrive!! I feel like a kid at Christmas time!

5 Likes

Gonna be a wonderful day! :rainbow::seedling:

2 Likes

She has arrived!! Hopefully I’ll be up and growing tonight or tomorrow

9 Likes

Is that your garage or basement? It’s best to keep it somewhere where you feel comfortable with no need for added environmental control issues.

1 Like

It’s in an Insulated Garage, in a brand new house, so it’s nearly the same environment, as inside the house. The temperature stays roughly 75F throughout the year inside garage, with an average humidity of about 50%. I’m closely monitoring the environment with smart sensors for Temp/Humididty. If I do have to further control the environment, I would
Prefer to just add a heater/dehumidifier/water chiller to the garage, then bring it into the house.

3 Likes

That’s not a bad temp

1 Like

Yeah, that’s what I was hoping. I’m actually more worried about the water being too warm. But in no rush to buy 300 dollar water chiller.

Right now, I just set it up last night, and the lights kicked on this morning. So I don’t have great data on temp/humidity inside the unit, but so far it’s looking okay - But I’m no expert

1 Like

Hey @shadowcipher89,

I agree with your numbers above. Checking your unit I’m seeing when your garage is 79 degrees and your lights are on, the unit is a bit toasty. Ok for germination and early seedling stages, but not so much through all stages. Hoping the garage cools off a bit more as winter is coming. Grab some Hydroguard from Botanicare to ward off any root rot concerns with the warm reservoir.

Good luck with your grow!

Cheers,
Stephen

6 Likes

:rainbow::+1::medal_sports::100::seedling::sunglasses:

1 Like

Hey @shadowcipher89
Which device are you using to monitor temp and rh to your phone? Where did you get it and are you happy with it?

2 Likes

I’m using Govee - Amazon 49.99. I LOVE this thing so far. It taps into your internet, so I can monitor the temperature and humidity from anywhere on my phone. It will also send you alerts, say if temperature exceeds 80F, or whatever you program it to do. It also stores the historical data, so a I can see my temperature and humidity trend over time. I did not want a digital only monitor, as my Grobo is in the garage.

5 Likes

Awesome thank you @shadowcipher89