Molokai Frost keeps on growing

Keep away from the lights at least 3 inches. If you have the drying racks from Grobo use them to push the plant to the front and back. You can also buy magnetic hooks to pull branches to the side. I had the same thing with mine. It’s a auto plant

2 Likes

That’s what I was worried about, or that it was a “tree” plant (that might not be what it’s called but who knows) - I specifically ordered non-auto seeds, but alas.

Good call on reworking the magnetic holders, I was able to move most of it out of the way!

1 Like

Hey there! We are unable to see your grow journal unfortunately… as far as I know, thats a private journal for your grow. When you reply to this, there is an option to add photos, I included a picture to show where that is. If you send a pic, I would be happy to give more insight. @hcapote is spot on but we may be able to give more specific recommendations if we can see a picture

2 Likes

I learn so much with each post haha! Thanks @Chad_Johnson - here’s the pictures

2 Likes

Hahaha glad to help! There is so much to learn! Not just growing, but figuring this forum out! :joy: I learn something new about both daily STILL :rofl:.
Your plant doesn’t appear to be in flower still… can you confirm if you are growing an auto or photo? And is your recipe set for the corresponding one? (I can help you determine what recipe you it set on if needed)

1 Like

I can see very small flowers (assuming they’re the white bits). It’s the generic Indica recipe as there was a MF recipe when I started. I believe it’s photo, and they are feminized seeds (purchased from Pacific Seed Bank).

You’re right, I do see the flowers starting… man your in a tough spot… you have at least 5 weeks before those buds mature… having to pick a generic recipe does seem bad but my 2nd grow was on a generic and it turned out :fire: so I wouldn’t look too hard into that. But if you can double-check the generic recipe that you choose that would be helpful. If you open the grobo app (or website) you will see the recipe at the top of your page.

1 Like

Ah gotcha! Yeah it’s just “Generic (Indica)” at the top - can/should I switch?

Imo id start a new plant. Your not going to get good cannabis from that plant.

1 Like

As a last ditch effort, you could try chopping it down below this line… its far from a good solution but could be worth the experiment since your this late in the game. I cant say what went wrong but im sorry about your luck on this grow. I would reach out to support also. They can check all kinds of data on their end. They may be able to diagnose and prevent your next grow from repeating. Contact Us | Grobo Support is Ready to Help

3 Likes

Hey @Todd.grobo I think that’s my last resort - but I did reach out to support @Chad_Johnson so hopefully they can help before I start again. I did end up trimming it as you suggested, so we’ll see how it goes!

No worries about it not being successful (most likely) - trial and error = practice makes perfect.

Thank y’all for all the help with this!

4 Likes

Hey @befgrower7,

I’m looking at your ticket now and wondering if you have updated photos from the trimming you’ve just completed? That will help with my recommendations for sure. Going to peek at the unit now, I’ll check your grow journal too…

Cheers,
Stephen

3 Likes

Hey @befgrower7,

I’ve responded through our support channel.

TLDR;

1. Update your firmware (nothing to do with too tall, just good practice)
  2. Update your grow journal more often.
  3. It’s a longer response, but here is the important part:

I like to see the plant going into stage 4 transition when it is at the height of the 2nd fan. For this strain, you will want to flip to stage 4 earlier than the 2nd fan, try between the fans on the next grow. Also, in stage 4, the plant goes through ‘stretch’ which can be 50-150% of it’s size. As it shoots up is the time to train those branches back down, not when you hit the top of the unit.

Good luck mate, would still love to see more pics!

Stephen

4 Likes

Hey @Stephen! Thanks for the tips, I’m usually all over updates but somehow I missed that one. Good call on keeping the journal updated - I luckily have quite a few pics, so I backdated my journal. As it relates to the stage and fans, how exactly do I do that?

1 Like

Hey @befgrower7,

Awesome! No great way that I’m aware of to go back and make entries, probably just dump them all into one entry with some notes that you can remember.

Cheers,
Stephen

1 Like

No worries! That’s what I did :wink:

2 Likes

Good luck grower! My first plant(almost done) got too big also. I think my next grow will be better because I am learning a lot about how to use this box.
I really like it and can’t wait to get a strain all dialed in.

3 Likes

Hey @befgrower7,

Checking out your pics in the grow journal this morning, I would have been pushing the schedule ahead to begin the transition stage just before the April 22nd entry. Clean up the bottom (lollipop) and get that stretch started earlier.

I also noticed in one picture that your grow chamber was dark, but the door was open. Super, super important to not disturb the dark cycle at all when the plant is in flower. So no opening the door or drain/fills when the grow chamber lights are off. Let her sleep. :wink:

Cheers,
Stephen

5 Likes

Thanks @ClosetBox - if I can’t make this grow work, I’ll definitely make the next one work!

@Stephen you got it regarding the lollipop - and noted on the lighting timing - thank you so much for all your help!

1 Like

@befgrower7,

• (#TeamHasGotYouCovered): {:green_thumb:}:

(GrowJournals): (ClickHere):

--

ShareYourGrow..1~~ {MakeSureItIsMadePublic}:

--

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

6 Likes