Low quality h2o

funding has me low on H2O, what are the bare minimums and is quality Over quantity? Thank you— I am just starting out my seed is from the seed, today is day 4

2 Likes

You should used ro water or distilled water, they work best. You can use tap water but its not recommended. If useijg tap water you will go threw more of bottles 1 and 2 i belive.

2 Likes

Walmart has distilled jugs of water for under a dollar I believe, but yeah try to only use distilled or ro like @Chef said :+1:

1 Like

I have found the big jug but it is only “purified”. Is it the same as the brand names over $1 for a self serve “purifies by Ro”?

Tap water just ends up using ph more… and don’t bend I’ve the rumor that ro is better than tap… there’s no buffer in ro so that water can actually leach nutrients from the roots …

1 Like

@chris_barfield

Didn’t know this about RO, Distilled the best option I take it?

3 Likes

yes. I use distilled. Bottles 1 and 2 usually last 2 grows.

3 Likes

Didn’t know that about ro water. The things you learn here. I only use distilled water. I bought a water distiler off Amazon best investment ever i allways have a stock ready

2 Likes

Which water distiller did you go with @Chef ? I went with counter top RO as it is an easier/faster process and according to Grobo RO Water is great :expressionless:. Now that I’ve learned this I’m switching to distilled. Debating whether I just have 12 gallons a month delivered (the delivery service near me only delivers in 6 gallon increments) or go with a countertop distiller.

Same here. I have a ton of house plants also, Water distiller been great. Already paid for itself

1 Like

I use this one - No complaints so far. Use it heavily as well.

The glass jug came cracked - They refunded me 50% of the unit, and I just fill into plastic jar now.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078GHJ921/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2 Likes

Awesome, thanks for the recommendation. Checking that one and one that’s slightly larger.

This is the one I went with. You can sent the temp. You can even distill your owen alchohol in it if you want since you can set direct Temps. It works great.

Mophorn Water Distillers Countertop Stainless Steel 4L 750W Digital Control Distilling Water Machine for Home with Handle ,Sliver… https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07G55HV9Y/ref=cm_sw_r_em_apa_i_WWP0EbGRCA1RN

3 Likes

Thanks a lot for the advice everyone, I have to grab one of those machines to distill some myself :raised_hands:, (even though I already found out I had more in the tank than I thought after I got home with 1g distilled Water from the grocer And it didn’t even fill all of the one.)

1 Like

Ended up rolling with this distiller unit, it’s on back order but will publish a review once I have a chance to work with it.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005QDEAMK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_y4P0Eb6BHGJ6G

2 Likes

I am looking for something like this. Did you end up doing a review on it? Thoughts? Thanks

1 Like

Yup, glad you found it :+1:

1 Like