Looking for some Grobo help

I checked on my Grobo last night and my air stone isn’t working… I’m not sure how long it’s been down but plant still looks good… Figuring I need to replace the pump… (haven’t taken apart yet)

Since I need to replace it I’m looking to upgrade the pump to reduce noise… I’m not looking to reinvent the wheel on this one. Looking to see if someone can share what they bought for a replacement pump and save me some time.

Thanks

2 Likes

Look for my topic as I just posted I got this yesterday. Simple install too, buy some extra tubing also. They have smaller ones and larger. I also have 2 extra airstones in case.

4 Likes

before you actually go out and buy a new one, just try to unplug the airstone and see if you can feel air comming out of the tube. I know airstone can be cloggued up pretty easily, and not output any bubble. Your pump might still be ok to use.

3 Likes

Thanks I will look for the post and see

Also

Anyone have a diagram showing the pump and how it’s wired for hydro?

Good point I will check that at lunch time today

2 Likes

Remove all the screws on the back right side and pull it out a little. It is right there easy to access. You can leave all the ones on the left side in.

FWIW, for $10 I would just get it. Sooooooo much quieter than what comes with the Grobo.

2 Likes

Did you run the power cord out the back or did you wire inside?

1 Like

The pump is to big to put inside, I have it sitting on the top and just ran tubing inside to connect to the tubing from the old pump. You can put it on the floor to keep it out of sight behind it.

If your pump is dead, you can just connect the tubing and not open it. It is right by the small hatch on the back. I had to disconnect my old one as it was so loud so I had to take it a part.

2 Likes

ok thanks for the info

1 Like

@Mpower11,

• (Searched A Few Things For You):

• (This Is Our Extra Bubblers We Have Plugged Into Our Units):

--

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

4 Likes