Looking for floraflex feed advice in DWC

That is really good u are Absolutely right about getting in there to work if u dong mind can I see how u have the stuff in the tent :tent: setup​:+1:t2::dash::seedling:

1 Like

We’ve got a similar approach here @Mpower11 although I chose to go with a 5x10, I’m running a 4 plant setup with 13 gallon buckets. Leaving some room to work and room for equipment, I am essentially using half the tent. This is my first official setup and I tried going with the “all or nothing” approach on somewhat of a budget! Trolmaster and pulse pro are on my radar soon… looking forward to your opinions on the pulse pro!

2 Likes

Yes I can get you some pictures

1 Like

I like the way you operate I’ll keep you posted on pulse pro

1 Like

Btw TrolMaster also has a par meter you can buy that hooks up into there system

3 Likes

Back with an update. Last week I mixed cal mag to 0.4 then v1/v2 to 1.0EC. Ph to 5.8. Drained the system and filled it with this water. Ending EC was 1.4 due to my inability to remove all water from my system currently. I let this go until Wednesday and plants seemed to respond well although I did notice some tip burn Wednesday. So on Wed I did another water change with the same mixture. End results 1.2EC. Plants all seem to be responding greatly. The two strains that were yellowing out and growing slowly have started to grow faster and color is coming back. Although they still seem yellow to me. The plant in the back right has shown signs of heat stress since nearly day 1 and I’ve been unable to satisfy her… so I am living with it as I know it’s tough to please all in a shared system. I still feel the 2 slow growing are too light of green/ yellowish… and front left seems to have dark tips and a lighter color as you go closer to the stem. What are your thoughts? Should I stay at this EC? To yield this I used 1 gram per gallon of RO water. I am hoping to get these girls dialed so I can do some defoliation and prepare to flower them. Due to height restrains I need to get the ball moving hah!

4 Likes

Quick question before I reply to this I may be wrong but I believe it was you that I recommended this product to in the beginning of a grow Optic Foliar Overgrow. I guess the question is do you have it? Or something like it?

You did mention this product now that I recall. I do not have it but my local hydro shop has it available.

1 Like

I think this is a nice improvement over last week. They are not being held back by that high Ec anymore.

The tip burn you see was done over a week ago. If you recall I showed you tip burn starting. This is 1 of the reasons I recommend dropping the Ec and get your base nutes back on track. 2 biggest mistakes farmers make is overwater and to much nutes.

Example these 2 girls I had nothing but R0 water and 1 drink of compost tea diluted 1/5 rate (low strength) there whole life so far. Not bad for water!!

All this above is my way of trying to teach you how to read plants and adjust.

Yes I agree still a bit off but improving.

Now this is what I would do timing is great

Let’s look at the picture

Ec is low plants are working again but Fan leafs are a bit light let’s not increase the Ec let’s feed the plant where it needs it foliar spray will give you fast results and repair a lot of your problems.

Optic Foliar Overgrow best product I have used to date. Get a small 1 litre ready to spray bottle. They advertise you can spray with the lights on. (Only product on the market that I know of with this claim). I’m old school I still spray with lights off. If you spray with the on I would dim them until plant is 100% dry.

Ps Turn the fans off when spraying. After 20 mins turn fans back on.

Pss you asked for fast results this is the fastest way that I know for results. Also your not in flower so timing perfect.

I don’t recommend increasing Ec and foliar spraying at the same time this can equal burn

I hope this helps and great job so far!!

2 Likes

Thanks for the advice once again my friend. I have acquired a 4l bottle of optic foliar overgrow ready to spray. Will be spraying tonight once lights go out. I’ll cut the fans for 20 minutes as well. Going to do a res top off with the same 1.0ec mixture I’ve been using this week. I’ll report back!

3 Likes

Good show!! You don’t fool around 4L lol. That’s a lot of spray

Just out of curiosity did you ask your local store what there thoughts are on Overgrow?

2 Likes

It was $32.00 for 1l ready to spray in a spray bottle. Or $50 for the 4L ready to spray without a spray bottle. I figured I may as well go for the 4l! Unfortunately my local store isn’t so great for advice. Very few employees know all of the products and the few that do generally aren’t very helpful. Basically try to sell you on the whole store LOL. On top of that, I try to minimize my time in the store due to the risk of pests. I called and had it held at the counter. Walked in paid and walked out! A quick change of clothes before heading back in the house. Call me paranoid lol… I did some digging last night and this product seems to have a great reputation. Apparently some people use this as their sole source of feed in some applications. Interesting! Im excited to see some results. Do you generally go with a light mist? Douse them heavily? Something in between?!? Thanks!

3 Likes

Yes it’s best I have used to date. I normally mist lighter side because you can always mist again but your can’t take away. But maybe since your looking for fast results I would spray until wet

2 Likes

Not sure if you ever make or see clones how the leafs turn yellow. If you spray your clones with Overgrow the plant don’t feed on the leafs… Your clones will look great

5 Likes

Back with an update. After running 1.1 ec which creeped to 1.2, I’ve lowered ec again to 0.9 with only 0.3ec cal mag and v1/v2. Ph to 6.0 and let drop to 5.4 before ph back to 6.0. I’ve foliar sprayed twice in the last 4 days. I see a bit of tip burn on new growth of one plant as seen in photos. Tacoing seems to be getting worse on the one that had always shown signs of heat stress. I brought my microscope out to check for russets because the tacoing certainly looks like it. No bugs after a thorough inspection. I am starting to think maybe these plants are locking out? My EC never drops over the course of a week and the plants are drinking quite a bit. Although I also don’t notice the ec ever spiking. It seems to rise a point between res changes which is probably from my ph up… Any suggestions? Thanks!

4 Likes

I’m thinking it’s not lockout because its really hard to lockout your plants in DWC unless your Ph is off but it sounds like it’s never has been off…

Let’s chat about this for a second then we chat about feed etc again

How close is your light?

How many watts is it I’m guessing it’s LED?

Is it dimmed or maxed out?

2 Likes

Also what is your Day and Night temp?

1 Like

So my light is 38 inches from the canopy currently. It’s a luxx 645 led. It draws near 700 watts from the wall. I’ve got it dimmed to 50 percent currently which should be around 450PAR at this height. During the day my Temps have been ranging from 82-85f and RH of 60-65. Night Temps ranging from 70-72f with RH of 50-55. Water temp remains 66-67f although I do have the ability to cool it further if desired. I’m holding co2 ppm between 1150 and 1250ppm throughout the day. Light cycle is currently 20 on 4 off…

3 Likes

Also… today I notice my ph dropping quicker than usual. Last night after res change my ec was 0.9 I switched to ppm 700 scale and was reading 610ppm. When I did the res change my ph was 6.0. Now today 12 hours later my ph is at 5.5 and ppm at 640…

1 Like

I was hunting around for more clues on what could be wrong

All your temps / Rh / water temp / PH / Height of light sound spot on to me…

Honestly you have everything dialed in…

Since overgrow didn’t darken up the Fan leafs I would back off a bit on the overgrow for at least 4 days see what they look like after that…

With Co2 in Veg you should be able to run 450 np. I’m running 375 to 400 right now with 1300ppm

Next thing to try I’m thinking is lighting (running out of idea’s everything you tell me is spot on correct)

Correct me if I’m wrong it’s only yellow on the top only??

To rule out light stress I would drop your light to 350 4 to 5 days see how they look… I would also make the change to 18/6… These light values are not low so your not going to lose anything

Ec target 1.2 to 1.4 (I think I would stay on the lower side until solved)

The only other thing I can comment on is your swing is alot… To jump from 5.5 to 6.0 in 12 hours is alot

From my experience bacteria in DWC system would cause the swing most of the time… This is why I will not grow in DWC but that’s just me…

4 Likes