Longer to grow than expected

I am at day 118 on my first grow. The strain is an hybrid super silver haze. I am way behind schedule on this grow according to the recipe. I have been extending the late veg stage for weeks now until it grows up to the second fan.I just gave it a major haircut. I did top it at five nodes like Stephen suggested. The plant seems to be healthy and thriving it just seems like it’s taking forever to reach its goal.

4 Likes

Hey! Your plant actually looks a little droopy. Is that from the trim job or do the leaves always droop a little? If they always do, double check to make sure your aerator is functioning properly. Do your roots look healthy? Are you keeping track of your nutrient dispenses by chance? Also based on your temps, possibly consider adding a small fan or two inside the grobo to increase circulation.

4 Likes

I do keep notice of my nutes my #1 bottle has used a lot more than 2. The other 3 are all pretty much even. I haven’t really looked at my roots in over couple months now. Every time I did check them I had trouble getting the lid to set properly. I put a couple of fans in as you suggested. I didn’t notice the droopy ness until after I did trimming. Thanks for looking out. If you have anymore suggestions or advice feel free to reply.

4 Likes

I forgot to mention that I do use hydro guard

1 Like

When do you add the hydroguard? If you are putting it in the fill bucket or adding it before the nutes dispense, it can cause nutrient lockout issues. Wait at least 30 min until after nutes dispense before adding hydroguard. If you are doing all of that and roots look good, only other thing I personally can think of is dampening off. How dos your stem look at the pod? Your pod should be mostly dry at the top. I hope some of this helps! :pray: if not, a pro will have to chime in on this one… or create a ticket. Something seems just a tad off.

3 Likes

Looking at your defoliation pile, it appears that you may be chopping off your bud sites and stressing your plant out!

4 Likes

The plant was so bushy underneath and it wasn’t getting enough light. So all that heavy undergrowth I removed was going to be larf anyway right? I know I stressed the plant from doing that but she will recover and hopefully focus it’s energy more on the main colas. In return producing thicker denser buds. I may be wrong or I maybe right. I guess only time will tell. I will post more pics as time goes by

3 Likes

Maybe I should just end this grow and start over. My plant is at 119 days now. The Grobo recipe says for this strain and this breeder I should have been done and harvested already at 104 days. This is my first grow with the Grobo and I have learnt a lot on what I should do and what I shouldn’t do. I probably messed something up along the way. Oh well life goes on.

2 Likes

I personally wouldn’t terminate the grow. It can be frustrating when it takes too long but especially being your 1st grow, there is a lot more to learn by letting it ride out. My last grow took 187 days and the recipe only called for 100 days. It killed me but I learned an astronomical amount during that grow. Keep on keepin on brotha :facepunch:

3 Likes

In that 187 day grow did your plant get taller or produce more buds? Curious! :eyes::seedling:

1 Like

During the last 3 to 4 weeks, it didn’t generate any new bud sites and it hardly grew at all in height over that time. But the buds definitely fattened up. I honestly wouldn’t have let it ride that long if the buds matured quicker. The trichomes stayed clear and milky for a long time. I later discovered that nutes weren’t dispensing consistently so I learned to keep track of that now too.

2 Likes

I was checking out my roots and noticed that some of them where stuck to the bottom of the water tank. I had to pull on them to break it free tearing some of them apart. I don’t think this one is going to make it the whole plant looks really sick and I’m not sure if it’s going to recover. I will give it another week to see how she’s doing but at this point I’m not sure. It looks pretty grim.

2 Likes

She looks stressed!
Nutes dispensing ok?
Air stone working?
Never got a pic of either, which tells us a lot about whats going on!
No need to untangle roots when they get stuck its a normal occurrence, tearing them just adds more stress!

2 Likes

She’s definitely heading in the wrong direction. If you haven’t already, I would submit a ticket before terminating. Even if this plant can’t be saved, they may be able to figure out what the issue is which could save you from running into the same issue with the next grow. Edit: (I see you mentioned talking to Stephen, so you probably have, but I would update them with the most recent changes)

2 Likes

Sounds good that’s what I will. Thanks good advice.

1 Like

@mikey73344,

image Chad_Johnson {ChampionToMe}:

imageBplatinum9 {Champion Lady For A Reason}:

• (#TeamHasGotYouCovered): {:green_thumb:}:

• (If The Reason Is [RootRot] You Can Still Save Her):

https://www.allgrowers.com/t/9607/1

--

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

3 Likes