Long time coming!

Nice Beginning. What strain are you growing.

2 Likes

Glad your up. Make sure to check to see it keeps wet the first couple days. My first one in the Grobo 2 dried up and died as the pod did not keep wet. I was having some issues with my Grobo 2, might have been my fault, but wanted to mention it. Some seeds are $15 each and the strain I have left, I only bought 1 of, so this one better grow.

3 Likes

Bruce banner auto. Do I need to touch pod every now and again to make sure it’s moist? Or check under for water level?

Day 2 of my journey and she’s trying to spread her wings! Super excited to see some more progress!

3 Likes

I spray the pod in the beginning to keep it moist. Gotta watch it… You can induce your own stem rot if you are not careful :wink:

Kind of like taking care of a baby. Until it can hold its own, you gotta check, double check, and check again. She is precious :sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

Checked on her today and she’s grown a tad bit more! Also check pod for moisture and my water reservoir and everything’s working well together. Also hav a tiny tap root popping out the bottom of pod!

7 Likes

Good, I might start one in Grobo 1 tomorrow.

1 Like

I’m going into day 7 of germination and she’s leaning over a bit. Will she go straight again or should I help her out?

2 Likes

Hey @joe_Macias,

Great question! Your young seedling is now going through it’s circadian rhythm. It will basically move around in a circle for a couple weeks, trying to find the optimal light. When on a time lapse, it looks like the seedling is actually dancing!

In short, TLDR; leave her alone for now. You look great!

Cheers,
Stephen

PS - Growing weed has taught me more patience than having kids, a wife or two dogs. Good luck my friend!

5 Likes

So my highest humidity is about 50 and it goes down to as low as 30 sometimes. Should I worry about raising it up or is that not to crazy of a dip?

Do you know why it is fluctuating so much?

IMO, humidity should be close to constant. I know there are suggested ranges, but sometimes it is too difficult or expensive to correct. I just try to maintain a level throughout the grow. You need to be higher than 30%.

Above all watch the plant 🪴. She will tell you if she is bothered. Each plant is different. You may grow a monster in those conditions today with a certain seed. The next seed may become affected and make you induce adjustments.

It is all a journey. Be flexible, patient, and attentive, and you will do just fine.

1 Like

I’m in a small room next to a door that goes to my back yard there is also no heat or air vent in this location. Where I live weather’s always changing but temps are starting to be 40s and below. The highest its been in the grobo last couple of days is 33 to 34 not really going above that. Haven’t had a higher rating since I first planted her that’s when I was getting higher readings now temp outside has dropped alot. I’m sure 1 of those are the reason.

1 Like

You may want to look into a humidifier. Low 30s may affect your plant in vegetation. That’s when it needs the moisture most. The low 30s would not affect the plant as much in flower.

I would finish a grow and see how she does. It may not be a negative affect for you. Be flexible and just grow. These the problems real farmers have to deal with. Take notes and do what makes sense. This is not rocket science.

2 Likes

For a little piece of mind, my grobo has always been at 35-40% for an entire grow. I live in AZ, it’s dry here. I’ve never had any issues. I know humidity plays a part in VPD and nutrient uptake, but my plants still seem to do well…when I don’t forget about them :flushed::grimacing:.

4 Likes

Been a while since I updated but here she is day 2 of early veg. Should she be getting taller or am I on the right track?

4 Likes

Lookin good!

If root is in the water, remove the wick :wink:

3 Likes

On day 5 of early veg. Just changed her water last night and she looks healthy to me. Anyone see anything I don’t?

3 Likes

@joe_Macias

Looking great!

3 Likes

Day 17 of my grow and she’s looking different everyday I check on her. Should she be taller? It’s Bruce banner auto just so ya know.

2 Likes