Lights out HELP!

Good day all so I’ve been sittings here for the pass
2 hours and notice my light are coming on and off now at first I noticed lights out when my door was left open but now doors are closed all the way and light keep turning on and off has anything like this happens to anybody else ??

1 Like

The lights could be going off due to overheating. What are your temps? Does just the inside grow light LED go out? Do you see the top colored LED on? Do you hear the air pump/stone?

4 Likes

Have you tried a power-cycle? What are the temperatures in the room like - is the light getting really hot? There is an auto shut-off to protect if the light is overheating.

2 Likes

Temp are good I think and my window is open so cool air is going in and out … too is inside grobo and bottom is out side

2 Likes

I haven’t powered cycled but I did loose power a few nights ago twice actually from weather conditions

Here are tempsinside and out and the water temps is at 70 that one I think it’s a bit high

1 Like

What was happening with the colored LED at the top of the unit? flashing? what color? I also wonder if you lost wifi connection

2 Likes

Oh the green led it keeps flashing normal it’s not disconnect from wifi cause I can still open the door with my phone

It happened again lights out

BBC

1 Like

Should I just do a power cycle as @vegetato suggested see if it fixes the problem this is the first time i seen this happen but from the looks of it it seems like it’s been doing it the whole day just checked the feed in the grobo it’s has been doing it all day today

1 Like

If you haven’t yet, it’d be a good idea to open a support ticket about this too.

I don’t think it would hurt to try unplugging and plugging it back in at this point to see if that fixes it.

3 Likes

Just did the power cycle waiting to see if it turns back off keep you updated.I’ll put in a ticket after, just in case it fixes the issue.

1 Like

One other thing I’d check is the exhaust temps. If you could put one of your sensors as close to the top/rear of the unit where it exhausts that’d also be a good data point to have (to confirm it’s near the 75° ambient).

I had this happen about a year ago to one of my units and the light had to be replaced. Hopefully that’s not the case here but if it’s triggering overheat without actually overheating something is wrong.

2 Likes

Top rear exhaust point we are at 84 degrees and climbing from the looks of it stopped at 86 degrees should I worry @vegetato

Is your top fan running? The one behind the carbon filter door?

1 Like

how far away from the wall is the back of the unit? pics?

1 Like

I want to say more than 6inches away from back of the wall. tube on top is 12 in exactly mind the yellow walls lol. I do feel the fan pushing air out

2 Likes

Also I did the power cycle and so far no lights out but still watching it closely if I don’t catch it the eyes in the sky will. Have to keep her protected at all cause lol

1 Like

The LED light on the front of your Grobo shows the different states that your Grobo One is in. Below you can see what each colour and pattern means for your Grobo:

pink.png Pulsing Pink: Grobo One is booting up, your unit will be ready to start growing soon!

green.png Solid Green: Grobo One is ready to connect to the internet. Follow instructions on how to connect to WiFi.

light_blue.png Pulsing Light Blue: Grobo One is connected to the internet and running as it should be!

light_blue.png Fast Blinking Light Blue: Grobo One has lost connection to the internet. It should reconnect on it’s own in a few minutes. If not, unplug and plug the unit back in to get connected again!

yellow.png Pulsing Orange: Grobo One is growing your plant but it’s lost the internet connection. You’ll only be able to use the Grobo app when your Grobo One reconnects to WiFi.
Otherwise these all look pretty good.

blue.png Pulsing Blue: Grobo One is in a special mode Ex. Filling, draining, door unlocked

red.png Solid Red: Grobo One has a critical error - if this occurs for longer than a few minutes, try resetting your Grobo .

If that does not work, please contact our support team: support@grobo.io.

purple.png Blinking Purple: Grobo One is flashing new firmware. Firmware is like the brain of your Grobo. We will periodically push updates to your Grobo to better your growing experience, so you don’t need to worry about this one!

2 Likes

Try resetting the time schedule. Don’t change anything but save your changes. See if that turns it on. Worked for me after I power cycled!

3 Likes

Did you change the air filter between grows?

If it’s clogged that will reduce the flow through the top which might be causing it to overheat. If smell isn’t a concern just run with it off for maximum airflow (that’s what I do).

3 Likes