Light, Smell and Temp

Anyone interested in how to shield you Grobo from external light and smell during the Flower mode hit me up. I’ve devised a unique Sleeve that ensures total darkness, limited smell and ideal temperature control

6 Likes

Anything for the smell, please

Pleas do share

I’d be very interested in what you’ve come up with.
Kevin

1 Like

What’s up Guys,
I didn’t forget ya. So long story short, as a prototype I used some Black vinyl I had laying around the house and created a wrap to keep light out. Then to address the interior temp (because it get pretty hot inside the Grobo) I fashioned a Peltier ac fan and sealed off light entry/exit. Temp moved from 85 to 77. Plus the knockdown of the Smell was a byproduct of the Wrap. Take a look, just threw it into flower

6 Likes

Can you show us photos of the fan?

This is the Peltier AC. Keeps interior at 73F

2 Likes

Thank you for the pic! So you have this facing the opening in the back of the unit?

Yes, keeps interior cabinet at 75 degrees

1 Like

Can you please share a link for the peltier ac you used, or for one with similar? I tried googling it, but don’t know what to look for.

1 Like

This looks similar to what you have, think it would do the trick?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07YV3JQSL/ref=psdcmw_2998409011_t2_B07MKC7LXN

1 Like

Yes that’s it

1 Like

Thank you!

How did you come by or build the sleeve?

Basically built a frame slightly bigger than the top of the Grobo. I attach black felt from Hobby Lobby and affixed carbon filter squares to the underside of the felt.

2 Likes

Smart idea! I want to do the same but I need some help.

I can’t tell by the picture where the fan is blowing on the unit. Where did you place the peltier fan? How do you attach it to Grobo? How are you powering the mini AC? It also looks like you have two, is this the case?

The Peltier at the base has a cooler tank with two hoses that lead into the tank from the back and circulates the water in tank, using a mini submersible pump. A digital thermometer monitors the water temp. The AC Peltier is mounted over the lower opening, using Velcro. AC is also tied to a thermometer to control temp. The sleeve is made of black vinyl (light proof), and lined with carbon sheet flier material. Hope that helps. Also, all this is low voltage. 12/24v

2 Likes

The Peltier looks too fun not to try out! What are you using for a power supply? And are you using a wireless thermostat such as this to control it?

Programmable Wireless Thermostat Plug, Hycency Digital Temperature Controller Automatic Heating & Cooling Outlet Thermostat with Remote Control LCD Display, 15A/1800W (1 Pack) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07SRPSWP4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_9NDZEb9PMX8Q7

1 Like

Here’s the specs on the Peltier Units. You’ll also need a 24v power supply. Also check YouTube for Peltier AC and Water Cooler.

ESUMIC DC 12V DIY Thermoelectric Peltier Refrigeration Cooling System Kit Semiconductor Cooler Conduction Module + Radiator + Fan + TEC1-12706

Hilitand 12V Thermoelectric Cooler Peltier Semiconductor Refrigeration DIY Water Cooling System Cooler Device with Fan

RioRand 12V DC Digital Cooling/Heating Thermostat Temp Control -50-110 °c Temperature Controller 10A Relay with Waterproof Sensor Probe

2 Likes