Light Question

I have a 2x4x5 tent. I currently have a 300w led but it doesn’t look like its giving light to both plants. Do they need to be directly under the light or just around it. Do I need an additional light or a bigger light???

1 Like

I’m using 300w UFO lights per plant and get 2+ ounces from each plant with the lights directly over the plants.

How big is your tent??

How much were expecting out of a 300 watt? 2 ounces sounds about right … but you can ask question without info. What kind of light chilled , cobs, qauntom boards, what brand … what’s the PPFD or par … etc etc it’s about the efficiency of the light … tent size doesn’t really have anything to do with it… you need to do more research about what makes lights good and bad… if you bought a cheap amazon light or eBay well then I’m sure they aren’t being truthful about how much wattage it’s actually pulling … judging from the pics you show @Osage and I in my opinion your rushing the grow… your chutes haven’t even started growing vertically yet and the way you have them tied down they all will grow into colas… … you had tons of space especially the way the plants are tied down be patient let the plants grow see how they respond and then adjust your grow from there … sometimes finding the cheaper equipment is not always best… think about it grobo light is only 150 watts and depending on how skilled you are possibly reach 3 ounces I got 3.5 zips off my last clone … so 300 watts can give you enough … you just have to decide between what’s reality and what you want the plant to give you… my first grow I thought I was gunna produce a half puns under a 250 watt light lol needless to say how disappointed I was in flowering …

The 2+ ounces wasn’t even in a tent. I’m getting that from SpaceBucket setups where all the light is directed onto the plants. I’m leaning more towards these and away from tents unless I’m doing 8-10 plants at once and then I’m using a pair of the NexLight Mega lights systems in a 4X8 Gorilla Shorty.
https://www.mostlysafe8.com/product-page/grendel-space-bucket?categoryId=00000000-000000-000000-000000000001 is the link to the SpaceBucket system I’m using.

1 Like

I’m not rushing anything shes still begging I’m just making sure I have enough lights. It’s a vivosun 300w light. My other light was a cheapy light I got from China it said it was 700w but I didn’t think it was big enough do I switch it back. The plants are responding better to the vivosun light. I was just wondering if I should have 2 of them. Here are the details

• Dimensions: 13.5x9x3 inches
  • Item Weight: 6.5 lbs
  • Input Voltage: AC100-240V
  • Avg. Power Draw: 135W±3%
  • Frequency: 50-60Hz
  • Working Temp.: -20℃~+40℃/-4℉~104℉
  • (60pcs) High Intensity 5W LEDs
  • Lifespan: 100,000 hours
1 Like

I’m familiar with cheapo Amazon lights.

They do an “ok” job like others if using them I use one light per plant since their that cheap. The watts they claim they are fake news. What they draw from the wall is not even remotely close to what they claim they output.

The brand you mentioned will allow you some decent results I’d recommend at least one 300w full spectrum “blurple” (cheapo brand) light.

Here’s my latest haul drying from my mentioned setup. A short plant but beefy colas but that is genetics of this strain.

Note they dry in darkness in humidity controlled environment. Don’t let the light throw you off just opened doors for pic.

7 Likes