Light brown on leaves

Did you open a ticket with support? @Stephen should be able to help figure out what’s going on.

1 Like

When I looked this morning, I saw the newer leaves towards the top are greener, it’s the bottom leaves. Could it maybe be the recipe? Not going to lie I didn’t purchase this seed from a breeder, it fell out of a bag I got at a dispensary

1 Like

If your new growth is coming in (and staying) green then it should be fine. It’s not the recipe, it was the root issue which hopefully is gone now that you cleaned them up. The advice @vegetato gave the other day is spot on. Continue monitoring new growth closely. Out of curiosity, what strain is it that you’re growing and what recipe did you choose?

OG Kush

1 Like

Hope you don’t mind I cleaned up the pics a bit so we can get a better idea of what the actual color of the leaves is like:

That top growth is yellowing a bit, so it’s probably going to continue to do that until a new node starts to come in above it.

I’d probably just watch for them to either “curl up” like they were before, or to do the opposite and perk up instead. If they are embracing the light then she’s pulling through, but if they’re not then she’s not happy.

3 Likes

@Francisco_Rosa,

• (Extra Fans in the [Unit] should help If your [Coco-Pod is too damp]): (Send in a [:ticket:] [:tickets:]):

(ForSupportHelp): (ClickHere):

--

• (SorryThisHappenedToYou): (ProvideThemWithAPicture): (TheyWillSortThisOutForYou): (ShareThisTopicWithThem): (SaveYourPlant): (ItMayNotGetWorse): (JustInCase):

• ((#Ticket)): :ticket::tickets:(:point_down:)

Submit a request – Grobo Help Center

https://support.grobo.io

--

• ((#KeepUsPosted)): :pen::computer::pencil2::notebook:

• (KeepFeedingTickets): :ticket: :tickets:

--

:crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

--

:infinity:

• ((#RIP)): :sob: ((#IFeelYourPain)): :sob: ((#SorryForYourLoss)): :sob:

https://www.allgrowers.com/search?q=rip

--

• (RIP): :hole::coffin::sob:

2 Likes

I’m not sure if she’s responding or not. How does she look?

1 Like

Not looking good. If it were responding well you’d see a lot more new growth, enough to replace what was there and then some.

It’s probably time to start over, and to be mindful that something caused the issue in the first place – probably the room and water temperature. Make sure to clean it out well as per the guidelines (use vinegar and soak air stone in h2o2) and start the next grow with hydroguard from day one.

1 Like

Looks like magnesium deficiency?

1 Like

Read further up in the thread, Francisco was dealing with Root Rot unfortunately.

1 Like

@SWSVIC typical me, didn’t read the entire thread before chiming in. LOL

1 Like

I’m guessing this is what cause the root rot.

2 Likes

Yea, that’ll do it. Forgive me if you’ve already answered this but were you using any additives such as Hydroguard?

2 Likes

Definitely going to want to use Hydroguard from the start next time along with getting a thermometer for the reservoir. One thing you can do to help keep the water in your reservoir from getting to hot is to remove the access cover on the back of your Grobo and point a fan towards the opening. If I was a betting man I would say that the water in your reservoir was a little on the warm side, which would explain how the algae was able to take over so quickly.

Before your next grow you may want to clean/sanitize your reservoir. White vinegar is good at killing algae and mold, if you search the forums there are several posts about the best way to do this.

3 Likes

I started using Hydroguard too late

1 Like

Thank you, I will remember to use it next time