Lemon Pie CBD

First grow in the Grobo 2 (and first grow ever- total newbie here!). Thanks to the awesome support from the Grobo team and the fantastic community here, we have made it to early veg. She is an auto, which knowing what I know now, I would have started with a photo. She’s awfully little right now so I won’t be surprised if I have to extend my veg phase, but we’ll see how she does. Excited for this journey!

7 Likes

No worries! You will learn fast and it looks like your off to a great start!

Lemon Pie CBD sounds delicious!

:peace_symbol:

3 Likes

Do you have your fan running blowing on the plant? If you don’t may not be a bad idea

3 Likes

It’s funny you mention that. It had turned on on my last days of germination, and I actually turned it off thinking it might be too early. I’ll turn it back on :blush:. Thanks!

2 Likes

I don’t have a Grobo 2 so I’m not sure how strong the fan blows but your looking for just a little air flow to aid in drying your peat moss plug… This will help prevent damp off

3 Likes

I have an auto as well and I have extended my early veg but she also had a small damping issue that kinda hurt her. I have a gen 2 and the fan is pretty strong I wouldn’t aim it directly at plant. I have mine high and slanted down just a tad. Looks like a gentle breeze on plant leaves. I had gotten sick and missed the first 4 days of my fan which got me in the damping off issue. So run that fan!

4 Likes

Not much in the way of growth recently, but it’s hard to know what I should expect. Maybe she’s a slow starter? Pulled the wick today and the fan is on. Hopefully some drying out will speed things up. No root photos since I didn’t want them exposed for longer than I had to but saw a water droplet on one so I knew it was a good time to pull. Humidity has been a struggle- 40% is about as high as I’ve been able to get it so I ordered a humidifier for the grow room that will hopefully help a little. :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

3 days in germ…you’re looking good. Good call pulling the wick if you see roots and droplets down there!

1 Like

Welp. Things have taken a bit of a turn, and not for the better. I think she moved into early veg too early and her roots just weren’t quite long enough yet. After my first drain/fill in early veg with lower water levels (on Sunday) her roots have shrivelled right up. Poor girl just wasn’t getting enough to drink. In a last ditch attempt to save her (since her leaves still look pretty good) I moved her back into germ and manually wet the peat pod slightly. Keeping my fingers crossed, but I knew the first grow was going to be a bit of an experiment and learning experience, so if she doesn’t make it, it’s a lesson learned! :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

1 Like

- - - [2021-12.22]:

@shawnalscott,

.{Put Your Wick Back In}:

• (If You Want To Save Your Plant, You Must Put Your Wick Back In): (Keeping The Bottom Of Your Pod [SomeWhat] Wet): (Drying Your Pod Out Too Soon, -Will- Be Devastating, To Say The Least):

--

:wink::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::groboone::green_thumb:

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

1 Like