Led light [Resolved]

How long does the Fuchsia led light and Firmware update supposed to take?
Mines has been Fuchsia for awhile now🥴

2 Likes

Hey @Cassd007 if your unit is in fact in the process of doing a firmware update do NOT power it off.

Usually the firmware updates take no more than 10-15 minutes so give it some time.

The LED light on the front of your Grobo shows the different states that your Grobo One is in. Below you can see what each colour and pattern means for your Grobo:

pink.png Pulsing Pink: Grobo One is booting up, your unit will be ready to start growing soon!

green.png Solid Green: Grobo One is ready to connect to the internet. Follow instructions on how to connect to WiFi.

light_blue.png Pulsing Light Blue: Grobo One is connected to the internet and running as it should be!

light_blue.png Fast Blinking Light Blue: Grobo One has lost connection to the internet. It should reconnect on it’s own in a few minutes. If not, unplug and plug the unit back in to get connected again!

yellow.png Pulsing Orange: Grobo One is growing your plant but it’s lost the internet connection. You’ll only be able to use the Grobo app when your Grobo One reconnects to WiFi.
Otherwise these all look pretty good.

blue.png Pulsing Blue: Grobo One is in a special mode Ex. Filling, draining, door unlocked

red.png Solid Red: Grobo One has a critical error - if this occurs for longer than a few minutes, try resetting your Grobo .

If that does not work, please contact our support team: support@grobo.io.

purple.png Blinking Purple: Grobo One is flashing new firmware. Firmware is like the brain of your Grobo. We will periodically push updates to your Grobo to better your growing experience, so you don’t need to worry about this one!

3 Likes

But its been doing it way longer than 10 or 15 mins. More like a hour.
But in btwn it starts flashing blue, then green, then back to the fuchsia?:woman_shrugging:t4:

2 Likes

Can you take some pictures of that front LED?

1 Like

3 Likes

3 Likes

Is it flashing that color or solid? It does look like it has been over an hour since you posted about this so I think a power cycle reboot may be the next step.

1 Like

Also did you manually start the firmware update?

1 Like

Its flashing slowly.
No I dont believe I started it manually.
So it is safe to unplug & plug back in u think?

2 Likes

Yeah it’s been over an hour. firmware updates shouldn’t take that long. I would power cycle it.

I thought they changed the systems so the firmware updates were no longer automatic? What does the app/website say is the unit’s version? 9.6.1 is the latest I believe.

2 Likes

Oh shoot🤦🏽‍♀️
It says Firmware Incompatible in grobo app
Thats not good

2 Likes

Ok no worries. Reboot the system if you haven’t already. Afterwards, how is the top led?

1 Like

About to do it now. Hit u right back
Thank u bunches for your prompt help!:hugs:

2 Likes

You’re welcome!
While waiting I just updated one of my Grobos’ firmware to 9.6.1. It took less then 3 minutes and first it was a fast flashing purple, then breathing white/peach, then fast flashing blue, then finally breathing blue which means it’s connected and all good!

2 Likes

My guess is your wifi keeps dropping out during the update. If it fast flashes blue during the update it means it disconnected and is trying to reconnect.

4 Likes

Reset fixed it. Reconnected to wifi. Now its telling me its thirsty lol
Hell,im thirsty after all that…
Should I trust that its time to water it considering all the stuff it just did?

3 Likes

:grinning:

Great to hear it is back up and running!

The water refill notifications are somewhat generic and just based on timing. When you start the Fill process it will check the water level sensors and pull whatever water it needs.

Depending on the stage of your grow you may want to top up the water more than once or twice each week. In Germ to Veg I usually do a mid-week top-up. In flower and beyond it gets topped up every other day or as needed.

Good luck with the grow and keep us updated!

3 Likes

Awww I see. Yes this is my first day in flowering process so makes sense my friend! Thank u guys so much
From a first time grower​:grin::rofl:

2 Likes

Yes, thank you much for info :grin:

1 Like

Cool alright! Well whenever you think it’s a good time you can update the firmware by going into the settings. :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes