Leaf color

My leaves seem to be changing colors, with some orange spots forming on them. Is this a fungus, nutrient burn or deficiency, or something else? Perhaps this is a characteristic of the LSD strain? Humidity level seems to be OK in the box.

Also it looks like I accidentally cut an extra leaf when I was typing my plant other day. Found the one pictured resting on the other leaves in the box… What does damage my grow in anyway? Third picture shows where that extra leaf was in advertently clipped and how it’s affected the canopy. Hoping this just means more sunlight to the leaves underneath, and everything will be all OK.

Total first timer so appreciate any feedback!

3 Likes

A couple of questions…What day of your grow are you on? Can you post a pic of your bottles? Did you run a ph probe health check before you started the grow? What kind of water are you using? Can you take a pic of where the stem meets the pod (closeup)? Do you know your water temp? I know it’s a lot but all important information to help diagnose. Normally the lower leaves will spot but i can see it forming in the new growth which tells me there’s another issue. Not too detrimental as of yet so should be able to figure it out.

No worries, you’re good.

2 Likes

Thanks @FireGuy

I am on day 26. Using distilled water. But did not run the ph calibration, as I didn’t see that in the setup instructions. No idea on waiter temp. Here are pics of the stem and nutrient bottles.

3 Likes

This is your first grow correct?

Yes. First grow.

1 Like

So from the looks of it, if you’re using distilled water and only on day 26, you need to do a PH health check which will probably end up requiring calibration. Your 1&2 bottles seem as they’re being used too much. I can get 3-4 grows out of those bottles and at this rate you’ll be lucky to get through one. The unit should have come with some 4.0 and 7.0 solutions for this. It’s not normally needed for the first grow but sometimes it happens. No worries, we’ll get you fixed up, the plant should be just fine. Also, as your roots are definitely in the water, I’d recommend pushing up your pod about an inch if you can without damaging anything. something like this.

2 Likes

Awesome. Thanks! Assuming doing a ph calibration mid grow is no issue?

1 Like

Not at all! I recommend doing it once a month actually, just to avoid this issue happening at random.

2 Likes

Push your pod up about an Inch, it appears you might be fighting dampening off on the plant.
It’s basically pythium, a root-parasitic fungus, that strangles the plant at its root system. It will result in a dead seedling most often, but I have seen some survive. Unfortunately, however, those that do survive usually have a lower yield than normal.

• Push your coco pod up above the reservoir lid by 1-2 inches immediately. You can secure it in place by piercing the coco pod’s sides with toothpicks. This will help to reduce the amount of moisture in the coco pod.
  • When the plant becomes more top-heavy, you may need to give it additional support to keep it upright depending on how much damping-off took place. Use a product like our Support Racks to keep it in place.

Then, let us know in a few weeks how your plant is looking. We’d like to see how she reacts to this tactic.

• In Germination, do not water your coco pod after its initial planting. This will help deter moisture build-up, which feeds fungi development.
  • Once your plant’s root system has touched the water in your reservoir, push your coco pod up above the reservoir lid by 1-2 inches, securing it with toothpicks to make sure it doesn’t slide down.
4 Likes

Done. Is this thing likely to produce a lower yield now? I’ll do the pH calibration FireGuy recommended too.

5 Likes

Personally ive had several over 3 years that have recovered and produced great buds

5 Likes

Hey @Maria_Benedict, jus wanted to check in and see how your girl is doing?

2 Likes

@FireGuy that’s awfully nice of you. She’s starting to fill the box out nicely. Tremendous growth recently with 8 bud sites visible at the top. Now playing with pruning and how much of the undergrowth to lop off.

4 Likes

Awesome! She’s lookin good!

2 Likes