Late vegetation- Day 30

Hello,
I’m wondering if anyone has any good tips to keep the roots of my growth clean. I know the roots should not be immersed in a brownish nutrients composite but this is what’s happening to me (see attached). It’s probably due to the PH nutrients.
Any recommendations?

Thanks!

open a ticket right away. Those roots look very sick maybe even root rot.

do a drain and fill daily to prevent losing your plant while your wait for support

Thx for your quick reply. Are you sure? The plant looks healthy. I think it’s just nutrients from bottles 5

1 Like

I am sure. White roots equal healhty. That color is closer to root rot. Try growweedeasy.com and look up root rot

2 Likes

I just soaked my roots in a solution of half hydrogen peroxide (typical 3% concentration from drugstore) & half water while I sterilized my unit and it got my roots looking nice & white.

If you aren’t already, add hydroguard to your reservoir to prevent root rot. Once your water is 72°+ you run the risk of getting root rot.

5 Likes

Thank you

How much Hydroguard should you apply to the water?

@Letsgrowmore:

3 Likes

I did not know about waiting til after nutes dispense to add the hydroguard. It doesn’t really affect pH nor PPM nor EC according to my measurements so I doubt it’s a big deal, but good to know regardless!

2 Likes

Same here, I usually put it in the water before filling.

3 Likes

@vegetato and @Hellyesshedid, I also been adding hydro guard to my fresh water before fill. So far so good, my baby is doing good

I know a lot of people been saying it, and you just gotta find what works for you and just keep, Rollin’ rollin’ rollin’ rollin’!

5 Likes

Looks beautiful

2 Likes

Thanks you @Todd.grobo! She does put a smile on my face everyday. I’m doing my best on not to touch her. I took a small handful of fan leafs right before bed last night. How’s your harvest @Todd.grobo?

2 Likes

No harvests atm. Just put in 2 new autos yesterday for my greenhouse transplants in 60 days.

1 Like

Smoking my last harvest though from 3 months ago. So good.
The cookies are destroying my wife. 3 and she sleeps till 9am everyday lol

2 Likes

1 Like