Definitely extend Late Veg, she is not tall enough to go into transition. Will end up very small. Also, she could do with some defoliating, I recommend removing the monster fan leaves, especially the damaged ones. Perform the defoliating right before your next water change.
How tall does it need to be?
The current consensus is you should allow the plant to grow up to the second fan before switching to veg.
I would prune these:
(I can’t “red x” the corresponding leaf toward the bottom back of the plant that lines up with front one I am suggesting you remove, but obviously take that one too should you decide to defoliate)
By prune you mean cut? What does that do?
Check out this tutorial on defoliating below:
I just extended the late vegetation. So hopefully with one more week it grows to the second fan so that it can start the transition stage
I think it will take at least a couple weeks but worth it in the end as you will see a much higher yield.
So extend it another 7 days?
You can (I would), if it gets to the height you would like before then you can just manually flip to Transition, or you can just do a week at a time and make sure that you are ready to extend on day 6 each week if necessary.
Ok cool I will do that and take it week by week. thanks a bunch.
Hey Adrianna, are those pics before or after your trim?
Got ya, are you planning on letting her go into transition? I think she is a good manageable size to do so for your first grow. If so, and if the plant were mine, I would go ahead and do a “lollipop” trim the day before transition commences (believe that would be today) and remove everything below the redline as well as the two small branches and the big fan leaves that I have marked with “X’s” (the corresponding leaves of the same size at the same level at the back of the plant that are not shown in the pic I would remove also) in the screenshots below. Otherwise, I think your in good shape to continue on to your next stage of growth. When you’re done trimming go ahead and conduct a drain/fill via the app to give her some fresh nutrients to recover with. Use your best judgment and do only what you are comfortable with, this is your grow, treat it how you feel is best!
Took the one’s off that you marked I believe. And I think I am going to allow her to transition today. Just hope she does good…
Again if it were me I would take off all leaves and small growth under the red line in the pic below.
Ohhhhhhh ok now I understand. I just didn’t know if those were ok to remove or not. Also I think I’m going to wait another week instead of transition today. Just want to see if I can get her a lil taller