It looks like we finally got the Grobo 2 off and running though not as smoothly as I would have liked. We are looking at this grow as an experiment and really just want to get used to the new box, as it is pretty different. Certainly not what we are used to compared to our Grobo 1. It’s been challenging.
Ordered on Good Friday and delivered the very next Tuesday. That was fast!
Construction seemed to go pretty well but at the end we learned we would need a part and waited patiently for it to arrive. That seemed to do the trick and today we fired the new box up. After a handful of restarts if final connected and we were able to add our bean.
We kept getting the “Reconnect To WiFi” pop up even though by all accounts we were connected. So after a few more pop ups we tried to reconnect and landed on “Connecting To WiFi” screen and stayed there. On the About My Grobo page it showed connection and Firmware up to date but still the Reconnect warning keeps popping up.
The lid won’t lay flat due to the drain and fill hoses. I keep trying to push them in or down but simply no room so the lid sits cockeyed and it feels like light will surely get in there. Maybe it’s the whole water sensor guard as it doesn’t seam to fit in there well at all.
Read a few times so far that the Gen 2 had emptied out onto the floor so after the fill we placed the hoses in a 5 gallon bucket just because we were nervous. After a bit we say that some water was coming out from the hoses, maybe just a couple of cups or so. But oddly when I put the hose back up along the side of the Grobo, it seemed to stop. So I left it there and have been checking on it every now and again.
We decided that things are so different with this version that this is just going to be a test grow to get the unit dialed in and work out as many kinks that may or not arise.
One thing we certainly changed is where we are going to keep the PH and EC sensors. We like to clean and calibrate each month and where the sensors are supposed to be tucked away, down at the bottom of the water sensors does not lend itself to easy and quick access, especially when roots start to come into play, so we found some suction cup clips at the pet store and stuck them to the side. Seems to be working nicely.
The lid may be cockeyed, the app tells me to connect when by all accounts it’s connected but there is a bean in the pod and it seems to be holding water. I’m calling it a day and will check on it in the morning!