Introduce yourself

It goes in the far right corner

2 Likes

Honestly I’m just a little annoyed that the key feature that I sold myself on the grobo and was in the original commercial that was displayed on the website was an app that showed us data … that has not been given to us after all these years … very disappointing … I don’t mind the extra stuff I buy cuz I use it in my tents but damn how hard is it to deliver on that app we were originally promised … sometimes we go days without hearing from support and in turn hurts our plants which In turns hurts our pockets which is most important …

7 Likes

Yea can be very misleading

1 Like

Basement might be better. When she flowers humidity and heat builds up.

2 Likes

Ok, here is my 2 cents. No we don’t have access to all the data from the grobo sensors, Yes we have to watch our temps, yes we have to watch our humidity. Yes we have to watch our plants daily and make sure it’s ok.

Now as for the data I’m sure the grobo team has a big board with things that need to be done and I’m certain it’s on that list to be added as a feature. They are obviously prioritizing everything in order of importance ie: probe calibration which I just did before starting my new grow and it needed it according to the software. As for temp and RH… if the machine did that as well it would cost you 6000$ and it would be twice the size. Just watch your temps and humidity and adjust with heater/air conditioner/dehumidifier/humidifier.

As for watching your plant every day. Well isn’t that what you got into this hobby for. I love looking at my plant often and seeing how she is doing. And never stoping to learn new things and improving with each grow.

All I’m saying guys and girls, let’s have less hate and more love. Reading through all these post is a whole heap of negativity and complaints. Nothing is perfect but let’s appreciate what we have and roll with it.

12 Likes

@Stephane,

((#MoreLove)):

@kingm00re,

((#TY)) @Rich … ((#WaterSensorShield)):

:wink::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::sparkling_heart::green_thumb:

5 Likes

thanks!

@Stephane I dont think it would cost 6000 to add a chiller to it to regulate the temp. My chiller only cost 285. As I said before I’m not knocking grobo. I like my machine. I dont like my plants dying because the ph and ec meters not working properly. I don’t like having to buy a chiller when i just spent 2100 bux. It just request for future improvements.

1 Like

I don’t have a chiller and I’ve had two successful grows. Shit happens @Mcmanis. I can guarantee you at some point in time something will die on my grobo and I’ll probably lose a plant. You really don’t need to spend more money, the grobo works as is. You just need to make sure your home temps/RH are good and that is it.

I sympathize with your frustrations but you’re good to go with your grobo as is. Once your issues are fixed I can guarantee you that you will have success. From what I’ve read from your posts you care so much for your plants and that alone will bring you success in the near future

7 Likes

Hey Stephane, I get your view and appreciate your view. That said, grobo is a business. And as such have an obligation to their customers, both up front and during the time their customers have their product under warranty. After said warranty, they have no more obligations to the customer. Now a top notch company will present their product in a fair, honest and accurate description of said product. This is the first issue that has been pointed out various times. When a company exaggerates what their product can do (at least in the states), that description has to be absolutely accurate, otherwise they can run into false advertisement laws. Do I believe grobo falsely advertised their product?.. to a degree. When you tell the public your product monitors heat and rh, well it’s true it does monitor, but will the noob grower understand that means monitor and not control??? Well apparently not given all the recent posts of those describing how they thought said unit will actually control said environmental conditions. Secondly, when people complain about different issues, that is their right as a consumer. It is up to Grobo’s team to concisely describe the product, in the most user friendly way so as not to give misleading information. When I drop 2k on a product, I expect it to function and work as described. And frankly the grobo does NOT function as described. It is NOT a set it and forget it device, neither does it control rh or heat! Not only that, but many of our pumps for the air stone have simply died. That should be addressed. Yes @Stephen I did get a new one but how is one supposed to change it out. I could go on and on. My point here is that, when a consumer is not satisfied with a product, there should be good customer service, and the consumer need not be shamed for pointing out issues with their product, the company should recognize said issue and deal with it. That is business 101. I don’t hear a lot of anger and vitriol as you have pointed out. I see people who have spent a shit ton of money on a product that was inaccurately described on their website, and as such are a bit miffed. The team shouldn’t get defensive, rather they should address each and every issue publicly and describe how they will move forward to address said issue and to let everyone else know how they can prevent said issue. We were all told we would see the data and that issue has been largely ignored and or downplayed thus far. I don’t think it a difficult task to include in the app. They promised something they haven’t delivered, of course people are going to respond. I understand in Canada you want to take the “nice”approach, but sometimes you need to be vocal a lot for something to actually get done. Let’s not forget, lots of non grobo potential customers peruse this site for just that kind of info and if they see grobo dragging feet then they’ll just go somewhere else. They don’t have a corner on the market, but if things keep going the way they have grobo will undoubtedly lose potential customers! That’s business. Now don’t get me wrong, I get that you have had multiple successful grows in the grobo, which tells me you are in a pretty optimal environment. Also I commend your defense of grobo, due to your experiences! Potential customers need to see that angle too. Let’s just not suggest people shouldn’t ask questions and complain when they need to. We all spent a lot of money on this product and we all want it to work flawlessly. Every experience is different and we need to realize it’s ok to have different experiences, and hopefully grobo addresses them all in a prompt and professional manner regardless of how they “seem to come off on the forum”. It’s pretty hard sometimes to get the real feel of how someone is “talking” when they are typing their words. And that is all I have on this subject :+1::v:

6 Likes

And you can’t diminish her experience, and you certainly cannot guarantee anything. Your experience is not hers. Not picking a fight, just pointing out the reality of the situation. :+1::v:

2 Likes

Hey fair enough. I didn’t mean to insult anyone. It was never my intention in what I wrote.

3 Likes

I thought not, however some might. Celebrate people’s right to voice their opinion and express how they need regardless of how you interpret it is all :+1::v::thinking::kissing_heart:

3 Likes

That includes your right as well :+1::v:

2 Likes

And what I wrote was my opinion. Btw :innocent:

2 Likes

Exactly!

1 Like

I think you understand :+1::v:

2 Likes

I always did…

3 Likes

But honestly I’ll keep my opinions to my self from now on. I’ll be too afraid to offend someone. :v:

2 Likes

No don’t do that, speak your mind it’s an open forum as long as no one is directly attacking anyone feel free to speak your mind :facepunch:t4::sunglasses:

5 Likes