In a pinch just to top off one time, tap or filtered water?

What would be better in a pinch, if you need to top off the water and out of distilled?

I have some coming this week and “might” need about 1 gallon of “something” to top off.

I have a water filter for my drinking water, but not sure if that makes much of a difference over plain tap for this. I think using the filtered water is probably better, just not sure for a small top off.

Or better to not add anything and wait 1-2 days for the distilled?

I have a swamp cooler that i put a water filter on to stop all the build up from tap water. So many hard deposits. I would go filtered in a pinch for sure on my grobo. Hope that helps. :sweat_drops::+1:t2:

2 Likes

Always filtered in my book. I know a lot of growers who use tap and when they have grow issues they end up chasing their tail trying to figure out what the problem is.

2 Likes

Thanks that is what I was thinking. I hope to not use it, but I’m trying to not run to the store as I already have some coming Wed.

1 Like

It is just a top off so I’m sure it would be fine.

1 Like

The biggest problem with tapwater is chlorine or chloramine.

If your town uses chlorine simply solution is put water in a bucket in a dark place bubble it for 24 hours all the chlorine will gas off. Then you will have safe water for your plants.

Chloramine you can’t gas off.

3 Likes

Good to know. Didn’t know that. :thinking: thank you @Mpower11. Learn something new here every day. :+1:t2::sunglasses:

3 Likes

@Gunk with Chloramine My knowledge is less because my town is chlorine.

But that being said I believe you can get the drops that you put in fish tank water to remove Chloramine. That something you would have to research.

If you call your town (water pollution Centre) they will confirm what type of product they use in your water. Or maybe even on there web site on there lab report. (My town has all this info online for the public to review)

4 Likes

I’m going to check. Plus i do have those conditioners for my tank. I have a Beta. When I do water change I use this.

3 Likes

Thanks, it looks like I squeaked by this time. I just topped it off and have about an inch left in the bottle. :grinning: I should be OK now.

2 Likes

I believe that is the product but like I said I have never used it so would have to be something to research. I bubbled all my water before but now I use only Ro

Since I bought this

I have mine hooked to a holding 60 gallon tank with a automatic float to keep it fill.

5 Likes

Wow. :grinning: I only have this 1 Grobo so trying to just use bottles right now.

4 Likes