If you had to, can you do this to save it?

I know this might be a nutty question :grinning: but I kinda fool with my grow and been doing somethings not standard in the Grobo, maybe a lot of things.

I was wondering, “IF” I really messed it up, and “IF” if it looks like something is going really wrong, can you just go into flush “anytime” even a few weeks early ", to try to save it and get something from it?

I do NOT have a problem like this, yet???, :grinning: I was only curious as next week I plan to add a 3rd AN product and see what happens. Adding 2 AN products, so far nice results, not sure what adding the Overdrive for 2 weeks will do.

I know optimally the answer is “to not do it”, just I already have the products, been using 2 a few weeks and Overdrive is the last one to try. So I figured why not. :rofl:

3 Likes

Yes you can go into shift schedule in app and go to the “next” option it will land you on the first day of flush, then do a drain and fill to get rid of all your nutes in the res!

I hope this helped

3 Likes

Oh lawd don’t go screwing up now with over drive :joy: :joy:

2 Likes

Thanks, I wanted to see what “happens” if you end it early and things like that. You can go to flush, just will you get anything good if going so early and/or can it actually “save” a problem plant or will it just die anyways so just end it if a problem. :grinning: I was hoping Grobos experience might come in handy here as I am sure some of them have experimented too.

All hypothetical, still going well.

3 Likes

@Todd.grobo could we have some insight as to your thoughts for @TheDogMan

Thank you sir!

2 Likes

If the plant is a problem plant, it will always be a problem plant. A weak plant will always struggle and take longer than it should. Not worth the time IMHO. So many plants are pulled because it’s quicker to get back than push a struggling plant along.
We do not recommend the extra product as it’s not needed. If you experience a visual issue that something is wrong, stop immediately and get some fresh water to your plant. I have tried carrying through almost every plant I had regardless of issue up until the beginning of this year. Not worth it anymore as now I have the knowledge of how they will all turn out vs a strong plant, and it’s not even comparable. Jumping into flush will not benefit your plant in any way in the sense of escaping an issue, if anything it will make it worse as the plant is now eating itself and has an issue.
@TheDogMan is doing well, and just needs patience :slight_smile:

5 Likes

OK thanks, that helped a lot. I was only curious.

4 Likes

Last summer i have got a bad case of root rot due to my grobo air pump dying without me noticing.
I took the plant out (no flush or anything), forced end this grow and deeply cleaned the reservoir of my grobo (installed an extra air pump)

I planted this plant outside, it managed to barely survive and gave next to nothing of third grade weed…
Should just have killed it
Now i know

3 Likes

Thank you sir for your input, you just gave me a good insight to as to what to do in the future, I am finally seeing a little bit of green nuggage under the white hairs starting of some bud growth! Very excited guy here!

3 Likes

Hey, how often do you do your top ups in flower @TheDogMan Thank you

2 Likes

I am doing it daily now and sometimes it takes a good bit.

2 Likes

Sweet I did my drain and fill mid day on Thursday will probably top off tonight some time!

1 Like

I am looking forward to in the future the water sensors can read when water is at the mid level or low level and will send the notice out rather than being time based!

3 Likes

That would be helpful. The Grobo 2 has the hoses on the outside, and I am going to put the fill hose in a bucket. Then I can try to fill from anywhere, sitting on the couch or if out. :grinning:

2 Likes

And this is where the 2 unit will shine you can go away for 5-6 days, although I would have a 5 gallon bucket full with 3-4 gallons just in case she takes more than expected while away!

2 Likes

I have a couple of those large orange Home Depot buckets in the shed. I can use them too when I need.
The couple collapsible buckets are good for now and I like how they can collapse to not take a lot of space.

2 Likes