I’m confused about the temperature

Hey guys new grower here and I’m doing the germination process using the water and paper towel method.
I live in New York and I wasn’t sure if the temperature here is too cold for her to pop?!?
I mean she dropped to the bottom of the cup so I’m guessing she was ready for the next step…
Appreciate any advice you have and thank you!

1 Like

Your doing fine! She will pop real soon. I live in Michigan and don’t have a issue with weather when it comes to germinating if that helps.
Some seeds may take longer than others.
I don’t try to put my seed in a warm place either, I just plop it in a cup of distilled water over night and when I see a speck of white on the seed I place it face down in the coco pod and start germination.

5 Likes

Thank you so much for your feedback!
Feeling better and reassured :ok_hand:t4:

2 Likes

Temperature will affect it for sure. Try to keep it in a warm place to start, on top of your fridge or in the bathroom with the door closed. I had a seed not pop properly cause it it was a tad too cold, I hadn’t turned on my furnace, this was back in Nov. The warmest spot for me is my bathroom with the door closed, it gets really warm in there. Anyway, I did that and it popped in no time.

1 Like

I’m in NY as well, and germinated in the grobo successfully (I’m on Day 8). Full disclosure though, we get great heat in my building so I actually end up having to crack a window to keep the temp in the lower 70s.

4 Likes

Its winter in Michigan and my temps still stay around 72 -73 with two fans inside.
Some locations simply have dryer air than others and mine is very humid.
Temps will be harder to deal with in the coming months.

2 Likes

NY tends to be very cold for seeds :grimacing:

3 Likes

NY…

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07J56XYN6/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_2?smid=A1LJO3FZJ9NMOU&psc=1

6 Likes

That looks cool.

2 Likes

I live in NY-LI. Four seeds popped, two grobo, two independent (solo run :shushing_face:). Not a big production. But have not had a problem. The grobo germinations were done within the coco pod within the device, independents were plated; all cracked. You should be good. The heating mat works good too.

2 Likes