Hydroponic Mason Jars: Signs of Life

Growing medicine in the Grobo has inspired me to learn about growing food hydroponically as well. I’ve started an herb garden on my window sill with the intention of graduating to fruits & veggies. I’m starting with my favorites - Lavender, Cilantro, Basil, Thyme, & Mint - all good for deterring pests like mosquitoes & flies, with the exception of Cilantro.

These are the first signs of life 4 days after direct germination using seeds from dollarseed.com:

Can’t wait til the others sprout! :seedling:

8 Likes

That’s a great idea!!!

2 Likes

I’m so excited about it! Lol. If you try this out yourself, make sure to cover the jars to block light from coming in and upsetting the roots / causing algae to grow. I’m going to use white Plastidip spray paint on mine which is a peelable paint.

1 Like

I just may… too funny

Keep us posted if you do! Quart-sized (or larger) wide-mouth jars with 3 inch net pots seem to be best btw.

Anyone have any idea what these spots on my Basil plant are?

3 Likes

@Hellyesshedid,

• (#BasilGrowing): (Looking closer, looks like little mouth bites just eating the leaf skin): :joy:

• (#ISearchedIt): :spider_web: :computer: :computer_mouse:

(For some more search): (ClickHere):

--
Basil Diseases: Common Basil Plant Problems

Basil Leaf Curl Treatment: Reasons For Basil Leaves Curling Up

https://www.google.com/search?q=basil+leaf+problems&client=firefox-b-1-d&sxsrf=ALeKk02YQOWIYtjVJ_tfDqIoDFge-lcUow:1594224308539&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwj2puishL7qAhXuct8KHR-eD-8Q_AUoAXoECA4QAw&biw=1832&bih=1085#imgrc=lSIL1n6PwhAjaM

--

--

2 Likes

Lol, it does :weary: :sweat_smile: Thanks for the links!

1 Like

awesome!

2 Likes