Hydroguard

Hey Growers, Day 4 of Germanation, some sign of life. I have Hydroguard to prevent root rot but haven’t added yet. When do you guys think I should add it? After first refill? Thanks

3 Likes

I add it once tap root is in water

3 Likes

You can hydro guard from the moment you first fill

2 Likes

You can add it anytime but I like starting mine after germination.

2 Likes

Yea I added hydroguard when first filled up grobo for germination day 1 and I’m on germination day 7 and lts looking wonderful :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

6 Likes

The hydroguard is for the water, not directly for the plant itself. It helps to protect against bad bacteria growing in the water and harming the plant which can happen when water temperature hits 72°F+.

If you have water in the reservoir that’s a good time to start using it. If your water temperature stays below 70°F you might not need it but can still use it as a preventative measure.

Deciding when to use has nothing to do with the plant’s schedule; it’s never too early to start using it but it can be too late if it did get warm and bad stuff has already established a foothold.

Knowing the water temp at various points in day helps to determine if it’s necessary.

5 Likes

How much hydroguard do you apply to the reservoir?

@lyrix010,

https://www.allgrowers.com/t/revive-recharge-hydroguard/5616/2?u=silvergrobo

--

(10 liters which is 2.6 gallons. The LED is a 300 watt 8 spectrum design):

--

1 Like

@SilverGrobo

And how many liters does the grobo water reservoir hold so I can know how many ml to add?

3 Likes

I add 5ml every drain and fill.

8 Likes

I add three teaspoons per drain and fill.

8 Likes

As soon as water change but wait 30 min to add so all the nutrients could be added first then add hydro after that I have been adding 7 to 10 ml to mine.

2 Likes

Ive heard growers do this but never understood why they think it makes a difference because I never had a problem or a difference adding it to the fill water before dosing, in two years time!

The resevoir holds over 3 gal of water so I put in a teas per gal which would be closer to 15 ml per fill, unless of course your in winter days 10 might be good enough but in the summer I for sure would use 15ml/3tea.
Feedback welcome! :eyes::seedling:

3 Likes

My hydroguard is in ml/gallon not liters. So for me its 5ml (a little more then recommended) per fill during veg because the grobo stops filling at around 2 gallons. During flower, it will fill almost to 3 gallons, so I will add 7ml per fill. But for the research that Ive found, adding more hydroguard wont hurt your plants.

You could probably reduce the amount you put in and get the same effect, while saving a little money.

1 Like

The reservoir holds three gallons but may fill to 2 gal because it leaves some water in when doing a drain and fill so your probes and roots dont dry out!

1 Like