Humidity

Hey guys and gals I need some advice. I’m currently in flush day 4 and the humidity has been higher than usual. My temp stays around 70-76 (39-42%) However since I been in flush my humidity has been 47-55%. I don’t have a dehumidifier yet :confused:. I was told this isn’t good so now I’m a little concerned. What should I do? I’m so close to the end. Once this harvest is over I’m moving the box in the basement. This Michigan weather stresses me out :weary:

4 Likes

Is the RH inside the grow space higher than that of the room that it is in? It’s not crazy high but would definitely be safer if it were lowered using a dehumidifier and/or more air flow.

1 Like

No not really

I put a extra fan in the box for more air flow. Hopefully that works. So far not really, so I have to open the box for air.

1 Like

Was going to suggest leaving it open during “lights on” with a larger tower type fan blowing on it. Also think dehumidifier is a good call.

2 Likes

What about a little Canister of Damp Rid…they are used for closets and small spaces to rid Humidity …Hardware store

2 Likes

:+1:t5: Thank you

Thank you :+1:t5:

@420chicano,

• People also ask

How does Damp Rid work?

• DampRid crystals work immediately to absorb excess moisture from the air. The crystals harden and form a solid mass. Then they begin to dissolve and liquid will begin to drip into the bottom chamber. … Accumulated moisture will drip into the bottom chamber, and about half to three-quarters of the crystals will dissolve.
  • ((#ISearchedIt)): :spider_web::computer::computer_mouse:

• (Keep an eye [:eye:] on your [:herb:] make sure she doesn’t dry out with this product): (You also don’t want cented) :warning: (:wind_face:) [:no_entry_sign: :nose:]

- - -

- - -

• People also ask

Does charcoal help with dampness?

• Charcoal will absorb moisture from the air. Punch holes in the sides of the coffee can, as well as in the lid, with a small screwdriver or ice pick. Place charcoal in the can and put the lid on. Place in the areas of your house that get the most humidity, such as bathrooms, basements, closets, attics or sun-rooms.

--

:wink:

1 Like

Here is a California Secret or maybe where your at it’s no Secret. We have these stores in California Called
Dollar tree stores or Dollar stores and in the stores. They have DryRid for a Dollar a Box with Charcoal for Oder control. I by the them and save em .,and use em!

1 Like

I meant DampRid with Charcoal

2 Likes