Humidity issues

Would it be ok to put this in my box?

2 Likes

Yes it is ok, others have used them in the past with subpar results (apparently they are not very effective). Try it out and let us know what you think! I have seen warnings from other growers in the past that it does get very hot when plugged in to “recharge” the silica beads.

4 Likes

This sounds like it won’t work :worried:

1 Like

@BigNif_313 how high is your humidity? The only time it should be a concern if it’s too high is during flowering, otherwise most plants enjoy 55% - 70% humidity during veg, 40% - 50% during flowing, and 30% - 40% during late flowering.

3 Likes

Also with the amount of air that is going through the Grobo, a dehumidifier that size would never be able to keep up. As the air supply is being constantly changed with the two fans and the exhaust fan, the humid air would be replaced quicker than the desiccant could remove it.

I’m not a huge fan of the desiccant dehumidifiers. I have a couple that I put in my car during the winter to help keep the moisture levels down when it goes above freezing, I’m pretty sure they are not doing anything.

2 Likes

I have one and as a user. I don’t think it works well enough from my experience. I am having humidity issues. This may drop it 1 or 2 ° rh. My humidity has been high between 45-55. All grow. I can’t get it under 40. Tried it out. And now I just need to invest an dehumidifier. My A/C drops my rh but can’t run it all day at 68 lol. Hope this helps.
Happy growing. ! (Top right corner barely see it)IMG_20200713_115254941|375x500

2 Likes

It was getting to 55 with a temp of 72-76

1 Like

:woman_facepalming:t4: The struggle lol. My ac stay on all day because of this.

2 Likes

:joy: Same here, downstairs cold af :joy:

1 Like

:weary::weary::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I ended up getting some dehumidifier units. I like these VacPlus units:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0816SXSG8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2 Likes

Does it put out any heat?

Your right they are sub par…use Damp Rid Containers they work I use them they come in all sizes .

Charcoal, Damp Rid ,
Calcium chloride flakes
work real well for big spaces like tents use.

3 Likes

In my big tent :tent: I have used Charcoal in 5gal bucket in the corner of the tent. Holes in lid and on sides half way down of Bucket…
It works!!

2 Likes

Yes, a small out of warm air is exhausted from the unit. I think most all dehumidifiers work like that.

Yes they do, the unit I have puts out a ton, rendering it completely unusable…

1 Like

The trick is finding a dehumidifier that uses Peltier technology. These don’t produce as much heat as the dehumidifiers that use air conditioner type compressors to remove the moisture from the air.

These will still put out heat, that’s the side effect of anything that uses electricity, it’s going to produce heat.

This is the one that I am getting for my tent.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01HXVUT7C?tag=garmy101-20&linkCode=ogi&th=1&psc=1

2 Likes

I have that one, doesn’t put a dent in the humidity in the closet in which my Grobo resides which is about 4x6x12. May have better results in a tent however.

1 Like

Unless the closet is airtight, it won’t help much. Especially if it’s humid outside, and the inside of your place has close to the same relative humidity.

1 Like

Correct, will hang on to it as I will be moving to a tent setup in the near future.

2 Likes