How to use big bud

Do I put it In my water and fill up or wait for nutrients to dispense and then put it in?

6 Likes

Always add any non-grobo nutrients AFTER grobo has dispensed it’s nutes. One thing that turned me away from Big Bud is there seems to be a lot of sediment in it. It’s makes the final cleanup a pain and can also aid in getting your probes caked with gunk so keep an eye on them.

6 Likes

If I was going to do it I think I would put in after bottle 5,4,3 dispense…

One word of caution is watch your EC when adding big bud will bump it up a lot

6 Likes

So what nutrients would u guys recommend for bigger nugs?

1 Like

I’m using Flora KoolBloom at the moment. I introduced late on my tent but got it started from the get-go in my Grobo. Denser and bigger nugs comes from higher P and K levels. KoolBloom is 0-10-10 where big bud is 0-1-3. You want less nitrogen in flower and more P and K. So far I have no real results with KoolBloom but it’s a complete liquid with no “junk” in it.

3 Likes

Ok I’m gonna get the kool bloom. I’m on day 10 of transition. When should I start it and end it and also how much should I use? Thanks

2 Likes

I’m following this for the koolbloom and armor si feed. There’s no set feeding, this is just a guideline. Watch your plant and see if needs more or less.

3 Likes

thanks for sharing @FireGuy!

i’m on my 1st tent grow and have been using the general hydroponic flora micro, gro, and bloom nutrients. I think i’ll add flora koolbloom too as i’m in early flower now.

1 Like

I didn’t add the link :man_facepalming:t3:

https://www.google.com/search?q=floranova+feeding+chart&rlz=1C9BKJA_enUS897US897&oq=floranova+&aqs=chrome.0.69i59j69i57j0i273j0l2j0i273.3342j0j7&hl=en-US&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#imgrc=48SPeQWAa5UDqM

2 Likes

I was using that but have switched to Floranova Grow and Floranova Bloom. No experience yet in the tent but it more simple. One bottle for grow, one bottle for bloom.

2 Likes

I use big bloom on a regular and I dont wait for nutes to dispense because no matter when you put it in the nutes will still adjust to it if needed. :eyes::seedling:

5 Likes

I use Big Bud and Overdrive along with many other boosters by another company called Canna.
I use both AN and Canna boosters together.

Here is how I use mines:

Stacking (Volume) / Stretch (Height)

• Canna Boost at 50% during stacking
  • Big Bud during the staking phase and stop when the buds start fattening up

Bulking (Weight) / Stretch (Height)

• Canna Boost at 100% during bulking
  • Canna pk 13/14 during bulking, pull after you notice the plants stopped fattening up

Maturing / Trichome Development (Frost)

• Canna Boost 200% during maturing
  • Overdrive 100%
7 Likes