How does she look?

I would check the True North website to get a description for “seed to harvest” time. That’s a big stretch but autos don’t usually take as long as photos. My only other option would be to switch to a Generic Indica photo recipe or your strain as a photo and advance to transition. Should start seeing pistils within a week or two, but if it is a photo…prepare for a stretch and have a plan to keep the tops away from the light.

There was another user a little while back with this issue but can’t remember who or where the post was.

1 Like

can you post a photo of the seeds you bought?

3 Likes

Seedsman, not true north…

4 Likes

Thinking to myself now “wow Tyler, wouldn’t that have been a simple question to ask?” :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Ignore my recipe switch suggestion :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

Can you send me an email to support@grobo.io with your registered unit email address. I will double-check your recipe to your unit and reply via the support ticket. We’ll make sure everything looks good!

3 Likes

@Samster903,

• (#KeepUsPosted): (#SupportHasYouCovered): {:crossed_fingers:}:

--

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

2 Likes

Still growing like crazy. I had to top her again due to all branches touching the lights.

She is on Day 127 and still in “Flower” running the current grow

re

cipe.

2 Likes

Hey Todd, I am concerned that I have something other than an AUTO growing. Any suggestions?

1 Like

throw me an email at support@grobo.io

1 Like

Might not be the best strain for the unit, digging in a bit on your strain.

I don’t know a lot, but is it a male? Pretty big with not a single bud.

1 Like

Not a male, but she is an auto. And she doesn’t go by any schedule we have for her, she is 100% doing her own thing on her own time.
This is why we recommend photoperiod seeds @TheDogMan because we get to control her stages.

I’ll order the right seeds for the next crop…
Any suggestions for this one? I put netting to keep the growth from hitting the lights after this trim. I think it’s going to bush out like crazy and I don’t think trimming is helping much???

1 Like

Personally, if the height of it is what it is, you will likely end up super cropping, which is a high-stress technique, autos are notoriously not a fan of HST.

I am never a fan of restarting over to be clear, but in this case, you will find 30 days on a new grow will put you in a way better spot than you’re in now, than where you will be in 30 days if you continue.

You did well up until this point and I wouldn’t say any errors or anything should be passed onto you, Sam. This was a learning experience and that plant is a beast, keep your seeds and when your skill level has increased, try again knowing what you know or give them a chance outside.

1 Like

OK, was not sure, but when you do decide what to do or to just start over? Or do you just let it go as long as you can?

Sorry I just posted this then saw you posted about the same time.

1 Like

TBH, the only thing two things that have made me start over are
1.) dead plant (whether via air stone dying or damping-off)
2.) plant too large (have worked with several including using HST)
3.) I guess I had 1 male so that counts too

I like to learn and the whole process. However, I have had plants that have outgrown the unit, I have at one point tried to complete them and their timeline is unreasonable in my opinion.

I personally have avoided Autos for 3 years based on what I have seen others experience. Don’t get me wrong we have some awesome growers here like @Aang and @Bplatinum9 who are crushing autos. However, the fact that I pay so little attention to the plant during the week, photo better suits my needs as I know what its doing at all times. Just have to look at my schedule.

3 Likes

Please recommend a trusted seed that you believe would be a good first grow for me…
Preference:
Indica with High THC, otherwise I really don’t care. I just want a “newbie” friendly plant.

Thanks to all for the advice!

3 Likes

Wappa - All 3 I grew in the unit were a great size and over 50g at harvest each.
Blueberry - Shorter bushy strains
Humboldt seed bank has a great selection of both Indica and Sativa that include the above as well as the strain headband. Some good short bushier plants.
Those are what I personally have success with. I have seen many others with success with the blueberries and various other humboldt seeds. When looking up plants for your grow always use a filter /short/medium or bushy. These respond well.
Lastly in the grobo recipes page, anything listed as “verified” has been grown and has been a good fit for the unit. Photoperiod feminized should leave you with a ton of options through various seed banks!
I am sorry this is your first auto experience @Samster903 and happy to see y ou took the challenge. I think you are making a good choice in finding a photoperiod to grow through the full process.

2 Likes

We picked our first grow, by reading here and seeing what others used. White Widow is what we are trying right now as many have had good results with it.

1 Like