HLG550 and distance to plants

I’m exactly one month into flowering and it looks like I waited a bit too long. To create a relatively equal distance to the tops I hung the 550 in a 45 degrees angle with the light facing the back of the tent. My average distance is around 35cm (around 14 inches😨). The light is hanging as high up as possible in a 2 m high tent.
I dimmed the HLG to about 75% to prevent the plants from burning. The dimmer, though, I can’t really trust. The reason: I also use dimmable Spider-Farms 4000 where I can visually observe dimming and I can see a difference in light strength as soon I only move the dimmer a tiny bit The 550, though, it seems I can only visually observe a decrease in light when I dim it down to about 25 to 30%. And it was like this since delivery. Is my dimmer broken?
This might be a better question for HLG but maybe somebody in here has some experiences.
Thanks in advance, my green soul- and lungmates😂

1 Like

image @Wolfgang_Maurischat,

• (24" From Canapy): :wink:

https://growdiaries.com/grow-questions/8888-hlg550-distance-from-canopy-veg

- - -

• [IAmSoSorry]: [:cry:]: (AlwaysInvestInYourResearch): (MeasureThreeTimes [:three:] ): (BeforeBuying): [:money_with_wings: :moneybag: :toilet:]: (WeLiveAndWeLearn): (BuyATallerTent): (UseTheSmallerOneForVeg -And- Germinating -And- Drying): :green_thumb:

--

2 Likes

Not possible😓