Help with my first grow - granddaddy purple

Usually a sign if heat stress. You may have a tempermental strain.

2 Likes

Mine has shown this sign a lot I tend to not worry about it being there is always so much new growth almost daily, constantly trimming 2-5 leaves off my girl per day even though I shouldn’t in flower correct @Todd.grobo or is it ok to trim a few off everyday?

2 Likes

They say to not trim much during flower, but I hit mine good after the ph problem last night. I took off a bunch of lower stuff and some of the brown leaves up top. Might push back flower a week, not sure yet.

1 Like

Ok @TheDogMan thank you for the heads up and info sir!

1 Like

I cut daily. Not much but I will snip a few fan leaves each day. Always clearing a path for light. I don’t think it hurts or slows the plant.
I don’t like to do the big huge chop day. That seems like a shocker to me. Just my opinion. As long as you are careful, you will still harvest flowers :bouquet:

2 Likes

The way it is looking I will have a huge center cola I am going to guess she will be 3.5-5 grams hopefully, shoot that cola alone will last me damn near a month smoking wise :joy:

2 Likes

Flower : day 19/41

Average temp: 23-24c
Average humidity: 53-55% (can’t seem to lower it much more)

She’s starting to smell delicious :yum:

Update on the leaves - I implemented a fresh water change (only been using distilled - costs a fortune here but worth it) and suspect the grobo recalibrated the nutes and there’s very few affected leaves now. I just keep taking one or two out each day. I also did a decent defoliation yesterday as well. Also pushed the tallest cola away directly from the lamp, hopefully that will buy some time but I also have LST clips if needed.

5 Likes

Looks good, but maybe a good bit more can still be taken off. You can see not much light is getting down lower and you can’t even really see what is down there.

4 Likes

OK thanks @TheDogMan appreciate the tips! How aggressive would you go, as I have seen some vids of the fan leaves stripped back to essentially just the colas themselves! This strain seems to handle defoliation quite well - she doesn’t stop growing no matter what I seem to do.

3 Likes

I only trim the big ones, but enough so you can get light down below. Some go the entire “cut everything off but the top foot” :grinning: but I don’t go that far.

Mostly up too you, I just like to cut enough so light gets down lower.

5 Likes

Mine likes it 54%

2 Likes

@Willcol1 How much does Distilled run you? I can’t imagine it is more than a $1 per gallon? Also she is looking amazing

Looks great :sunglasses::+1:t2:

3 Likes

Can’t buy it in stores in the Uk, I am paying £30 per 25 L (5.5 gallons)… so call it $7 per gallon

2 Likes

I been reading up and many places say using tap water is fine, so all I been using since I returned that RO system. I run it thru it an 8 stage counter top filter that removes chlorine, lead and things like that. Then I let it sit out anyways for 2 days, as many say to let it sit 1-2 days. I have a couple buckets sitting out now. :grinning:

2 Likes

Holy smokes man, that is absolutely absurd my friend!

1 Like

8 Likes

She is amazing

4 Likes

Looks great :+1:t2:

2 Likes