Help with my first grow - granddaddy purple

Those are great readings. Root rot is not caused by humidity. Bud Rot is and usually because leaves are touching which means condensation is happening under them which you won’t see and eventually drips onto your bud. Root rot is caused by high temperatures in your reservoir. usually, once you hit 78 and onwards you slip into that zone. I would try to reduce humidity to 45-55 % for flowering personally.

2 Likes

I did a solid bit of defoliation today (a serious handful of leaves/plant) which should hopefully keep air circulating.

assume this looks okay now? I’m right in thinking that this should really be the last time I do this before harvest (apart from the odd leaf here/there).

4 Likes

Looks great. It should be your last major cut, but each plant 🪴 has it’s own plan. Yours may want to jump up another notch before settling into late flower :blossom:. You may have to cut again to clear light and air paths ect…

You should also notice her water :droplet: intake decrease during this time. Pay close attention to your environment. From this point on its like landing a plane. Each small part that is off contributes to huge changes on the ground. Not much time or energy to recover from mistakes. Looks delicious :yum:.

4 Likes

Thanks for the insights, appreciate it! Definitely going to watch her closely. Really need the buds to start fattening up now :grimacing:

3 Likes

Much better @Willcol1
Light is the number 1 thing you can do to increase bud size and density. The only way to do that is to make sure the plant has lots of light! Good haircut.

6 Likes

10 Likes

She is really stacking up

2 Likes

Beautiful Lady you have there. Standing so tall with all her flowers :bouquet: showing :grin:

3 Likes

Day 32/41 Flower

She’s looking frosty :grimacing: but feel like my buds should be wider/fatter. Am I going to have to extend the cycle?

I don’t have much wriggle room as leave the country for 2 weeks on 18th December. Need to flush, harvest and dry beforehand.

5 Likes

My flowering cycle is sixty to eighty days. Depends on your trichomes color. Fattening occurs four to sixth week I believe. That’s a short time frame for flush and cure. I’d go as long as you can. Check your trichomes when you do see where it’s at when you have to flush.

1 Like

thanks man - it’s all a learning experience!

Already super excited for my next grow… Would love to have been able to get the grobo start but can’t seem to get from the Europe store :frowning: will this change anytime soon @Todd.grobo ?

1 Like

Wow, if Perfect was a Picture.
Very Nice Farmer :ok_hand:

3 Likes

I have one I’ll sell you for $60 lid included. You pay shipping.

1 Like

Update : Flower day 35/41

Everything seems like it’s continuing well, buds definitely fattening up now and noticing quite a few amber hairs. Waiting for a never ending order to arrive from Grobo to refresh bottle 5 but I will probably proceed with the schedule and not extend. When I come to the next grow I will build in a 2-3 week buffer. She’s looking lush though :smiley:

6 Likes

Looking Great. Keep doing what you are doing.

2 Likes

Does look good. :grinning:

2 Likes

Update: flower Day 39/41

I am moving to flush in the next couple of days. I know I’m probably a touch early but I don’t really have a choice. I have no one I can trust to look after her whilst away, so would rather harvest slightly early than risk the whole grow.

Buds beginning to fatten up significantly. Will this continue to occur through flush or will she not really change?

I’ve also read some conflicting info on whether flushing makes any difference or not. So was thinking I extend my flowering period by 5 days and only flush for 5 days instead of 10?

Oh also - new image here :grimacing:

3 Likes

All my fan leaves have what look like burnt/brown tips. Is that nute burn or something else ?

1 Like

Bend them over bro and wait for it. We’ll worth it with all the time you have put into this grow.

1 Like

It’s cannabalizing itself. Eating the nutrients.

2 Likes