Help! First grow and I am trying to decide when to harvest

Here is what my microscope is showing and I am not sure when I should harvest. S20200616_0010

5 Likes

5 Likes

Looking pretty clear but not close enough to really tell. Are you able to apply more zoom or get closer with your magnifier?

3 Likes

Good question. I will try it out

2 Likes

I think this is better. S20200616_0015

3 Likes

Definitely better, what strain is it that you are growing and what are the desired effects you wish to receive from your product? (I.e. energized/creative, sleepy/hungry/pain-free, or somewhere in the middle?

2 Likes

Yeah like @SWSVIC said it’s all preference. For me personally I’d say another week maybe two

2 Likes

AK-47

I just want to relax at night before bed. That is my main goal with it.

2 Likes

Thanks! Ok - I will do it again in a couples days and see how it looks.

1 Like

Got ya, well your AK is a Sativa dominant hybrid which is going to bring you a cerebral type of buzz keeping you alert and energized. You can tone that down and make the effects more relaxing/calming by adding time to the flowering and/or flush stages allowing the trichomes to mature/ripen a little more than usual. Check out the chart below and use your best judgment on when to harvest in order to achieve the results you desire. Remember to sample multiple buds from various locations on your plant as the top buds will ripen faster than the bottom.

2 Likes