Hello, Green Grower here. Which one?

I have both with working windows. Find i use that more than opening them.
So its a feature i like and use.

2 Likes

Gosh, now I feel like I’m really missing out on something cool!!
Support ticket here I come! (Although my 1 year anniversary just passed so I’m sure they won’t replace it. doh!)

Yeah I was just going to say I love the glass. Some times I don’t want to open it just wanna see in. I have an older one too and it’s clear as day

2 Likes

Both mine had to go through warm up phase but that wasn’t more than a week or two

1 Like

Did you do anything in particular to “warm it up”? Mine is crazy foggy and it looks like there is a transparent “protective” film in between the panels of glass (the type of plastic film, that would be on a newly unboxed electronic to prevent scratches during shipping). I would really like to be able to use it!

1 Like

Sounds like we had better be contacting support… I think they’ve got real issues here. I’ve opened a ticket, maybe others should as well to help raise this issue to them…

1 Like

I ended up switching to the Solid model because of this thread!

3 Likes

I’m glad I asked the question haha

1 Like

That should clear up the more you use it. I had the same feeling when I purchased and I can tell you that it does get better. Not as clear as a normal pane of glass mind you.

4 Likes

Completely understandable that it not as clear as a normal pane of glass, glad to know it gets better from here.

1 Like

Also for my unit I find that there is a “sweet” spot to see perfectly, depending on how high my eyeline is/distance from the unit

2 Likes

I’ve had mine for a year and has not cleared up. See my photos above. Am I the exception?

2 Likes

Maybe take out a support ticket? If you are under warranty I don’t see why grobo couldn’t fix the issue. Unless the glass is hit and miss on all units.

I honestly thought mine was broken, especially seeing Bjorn in the earlier videos. I’ve never seen anyone’s glass go as clear as the demo vid.

1 Like

Maybe temperature is affecting it? I have no idea just spit balling ideas lol

It seems like if anyone has a clear door - they’re the exception

2 Likes

Unfortunately just past my year warranty. It’s always worked like this. I had no idea it was supposed to work any different until I saw someone else’s post above with a clear window!!

I wonder if they’ve figured out the variables responsible for the inconsistency on these. I’m sure it’s at the bottom of the list of priorities since they’re working on improving other aspects of the grobo experience in addition to scaling their business, but it is interesting.

1 Like

Same here oma - I figured it was probably a materials change at some point as all recent pics I’ve seen from members (who have joined since I’ve joined at least) seem to be consistently not-as-clear. The one I have that works well is something like 1-1.5 years older than the newer unit. Wouldn’t think it to be temperature otherwise mine should both look the same.

2 Likes

@Speagler,

(#SideByEach): (2020-05.19):

https://www.allgrowers.com/t/switching-film-resolved-d/845?u=silvergrobo

https://www.allgrowers.com/t/switching-film-resolved-d/845/3?u=silvergrobo

https://www.allgrowers.com/t/switching-film-resolved-d/845/5?u=silvergrobo

--

:v: :v:

3 Likes