Heights

So , was I the only one shocked to find out that these things pretty much just aren’t designed to grow sativa strains?They are so small that now I am concerned growing sativa may not be possible indoors. I noticed some of the seed banks have some low max heights for many sativas and says they can be grown indoors, am I missing something here? Because something else that I read in this forum made it sound like the only way you can grow sativa strains with this thing is to top it heavily and lose lots. Any advice or expertise in this matter would much appreciated please and thank you in advance.

4 Likes

Sativas have been my best grows and highest yields in the grobo
I find the indicas a lot harder yo find the sweet spot

4 Likes

So do you not have a problem with them growing too tall? Because a lot of these seed bank sites say that the strains I want max out at 70 something jnches growing inside, and I don’t even see how that’d be possible to grow right in a 35 inch grow chamber.

1 Like

Thats the point. If you want massive plant grow in dirt. If you want some potent hydro grow this is it. But dial it back. Maybe you’ll get 4 to 6 high quality branches with nugs. They usually fill the unit but have been great harvests
All depends on what you want
If you buy the tallest plants for whatever reason you have this is likely not an ideal unit for that

1 Like

So it just stops growing upward when it hits the roof then?

Or are your sativa’s just all around 35 inches in average height?

You do your best to control their height and watch your grow time. Also lst and topping can help

1 Like

Ok awesome, do you happen to know anything using autoflower in a growbox? I’d think that with the optimized conditions and whatnot, autoflower would just go absolutely apeshit in a grow box, any idea if that is true? I mean regardless, I will always want to use feminized seeds because they accomplish more potency, but with Cinderella Jack Auto clocking in at 27 % I think it was, it’s mighty tempting.

1 Like

Autos typically dont perform well in the grobo due to space and lack of ability to control it.

Oh no, not in a Grobo, if I run autoflower it’d be in a Supercloset Deluxe, good bit more room in that one. But if I have even a decent success rate with feminized seeds I will probably stick to that since autoflower is almost always smaller and less potent

1 Like