Head Count for broken Pump/Aerator

My idea, was frankly, to learn more about hydroponics. I’ve been growing in soil for some time and I just wanted to learn more and understand the hype. The box helped me understand hydro better, but at an extreme price, the hype, not so much. However, I’ve og’s who swear by it and some of those cats were the same who got me started. Rest are dead, point is, that’s the better iteration, if you can get it right for you. And the right for YOU is what really counts when learning a new branch of a craft you’ve perfected over many years, and with great guidance!! :+1::v:

4 Likes

And man, I LOVE THIS PLANT :joy::joy::heart::heart::heart::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::fire::fire::fire::100:

3 Likes

I totally agree bud. I’m starting the machine again but I’m going to dose all my nutrients /ph myself. I’m getting the blue lab guardian to monitor the environment. It’s going to be fun! I’ll post my grow on here. Gonna turn lemons into lemonade :love_you_gesture:t2:

5 Likes

That what I’m diggin!

Would be great if they would open this up software wise - A DIY option as you are doing- would expand user base

1 Like

Hi All,

This is a known issue and the product team is working to finding the root cause of the problem with an appropriate solution. I apologize for the failures that any of you might have experienced in the field. When selecting new hardware we do everything we can to test these devices to make sure they work. Sometimes things happen that our growers help us discover, while other times our suppliers change things internally to save a buck or two without telling us.

If you do experience air pump issues please reach out to support and we’ll be happy to help

Thanks for your patience,

Chris.

5 Likes

Can you please offer an extended warranty on this part and/or a recall? I didn’t buy the extended warranty now I wished I would have with as many people who have had problems.

1 Like

Hey @omacoder,

if problems occur reach out and we’ll support you however we can, regardless if you have warranty or not as we know that this part is an issue

Best,

Chris.

8 Likes

My air pump is really week, I have very Bubbles coming from the air stone. Sent a video and was told it’s fine as long as a couple bubbles break the top of water. I feel like it’s not enough so I went to the pet and brought another air pump and stone. Looks great now.

5 Likes

Hi @Chef,

In that case we made the decision that the air pump worked and did not need a replacement. If you find that your air pump no longer creates bubbles please write back to customer support. If you’re noticing that your bubbles in your tank are getting weaker over time ensure that you are properly cleaning your tank and airstone between grows:

Best,

Chris.

2 Likes

Hey Osage,

Did you disconnect and remove the factory air pump completely from the Grobo, or just leave it back there? I plan on running an upgraded external pump and could use the space inside the Grobo taken up by the factory air pump for my water chiller tubes. Thanks!

I left mine back there! It’s still there to this day. I just us an external pump. Good luck brother

2 Likes

Got ya, I guess my question is, would it effect the Grobo in a negative way if I cut/cap the wires and just remove the factory air pump unit completely, has anyone done this or does anyone have knowledge on how/if it would effect the Grobo in any way?

No, have at it, rip that far out, but electric tape the ends of the wires so it’s safe

1 Like

Fkr out

:joy: spell check! Will do bud thanks!

1 Like

:+1::v:You got me back in :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Patients is key :key: lol

1 Like

Brand new unit, broken airpump, fans don’t turn on, drain and fill issues and fluid glass doesn’t work correctly. Buyer beware. Much better to just rig your own system

If you feel your unit didnt come as described open a ticket at support@grobo.io

1 Like