Have I done something wrong, or are these males?

This is my first grow and the plant seems to be coming along nicely and I’ve followed all the steps but I’m on day 63 and am yet to see any buds. These seeds are “Blue Dream Feminized” from ILGM, and I believe they were autoflowering, but it doesn’t actually say that on the invoice.

Am I overconcerned or is this a wasted grow?

thanks!

2 Likes

This is the plant in it’s entirety.

3 Likes

It’s really hard to tell until transition but it looks like you have done a good amount of high stress training which can cause plants to herm. Make sure when you trim you don’t take more than 1/3 of the plant at any given trim to keep the plant from going into shock.

You need a close up picture of where your stems meet the stalk to see the pistils, right at the node. Males grow pollen sacs and they can be seen if you look close. I recommend googling it and doing a little research so you know exactly what to look for.

3 Likes

Sounds like you don’t have a autoflower strain…

All autos will show buds before 63 days that I know of…

If I’m correct and your using a auto recipe you will not get buds because your giving your plant 18 hours of light…

If it’s a Photo strain changing your lights to 12/12 will start your transition to buds (flower)

3 Likes

Thanks, I just dug out my seeds and from the paperwork it looks like they are feminized but it says nothing about autoflowering, so I think I shot myself in the foot on my first try. I have just changed it to 12 hours, we’ll see if that changes anything while I wait for the right seeds to arrive.

2 Likes

Your plant is small in size your at a perfect height to start transition to flower so I wouldn’t be too hard on yourself if you have a photo

Just for future reference also you trained your plans nicely if it was a photo.

If it was a auto to aggressive

5 Likes

I agree with @Mpower11, don’t beat yourself up, the plant looks incredibly healthy.

5 Likes