HARVESTED - Lamb's Bread Auto

Hi everyone! This is my second grow so I’m looking for some advice. I was away for a week and noticed quite a bit of orange rusty discoloration in the leaves. Any idea what that is all about?

Also I noticed that for the last 2 or 3 drain/fills in the flower stage it has not dispensed from bottle #5 but it has dispensed nutes from bottles 3 and 4.

5 Likes

The lack of bottle 5 (cal-mag) is very likely your issue. Submit a ticket right away.

4 Likes

ok cool man thanks! Calcium deficiency is what I was thinking too. Is it normal for the recipe to not dispense #5 once you are in mid flower stage? She is day 62 (Flower 38) I ask because my AK-47 auto stopped dispensing #5 mid flower as well but I didn’t have leaf discoloration like this.

When I did a drain/fill yesterday I gave her revive and recharge in the mix so I hope that helps! I will contact support as well.

1 Like

That makes no sense as the cal-mag is simply to condition your water to allow your plant to intake nutrients efficiently. Suppose I could be wrong, would certainly submit ticket however.

Anyone else have any advice on this plant? I am waiting for support to get back to me

Orange rusty spots continue to appear. I did add Revive and Recharge at the last drain/fill on this past Saturday. Yesterday I gave her Cal/Mag too.

Help is needed, any idea what is going on?
@vegetato, @SWSVIC, @Todd.grobo, @Bplatinum9, @SilverGrobo, @rainstorm3, @chris_barfield, @Azuri

1 Like

Is it slowing down? It won’t stop immediately and any leaves it started on already will continue (at a slower rate if things are improving).

Edit: my best guess is it didn’t get enough mag and it’s mad/sad over that, basically. Might be locking out other nutrients and taking what it needs from those leaves.

3 Likes

Possibly slowing down. Kinda hard to tell. I was away for one week and came back to the spots so not entirely sure on the growth rate.

does it look like calcium deficiency? or nute burn?

The tips are a bit burnt (that’s nute burn), that’s relatively normal though (harder to avoid without a lot of practice/help).

The spots you’re seeing are due to mag deficiency (I think) more than calcium but it’s probably a bit of both. The reason I think that is the calcium def usually takes whole leaves faster and mag leaves them yellow longer (or at least from what I’ve seen).

3 Likes

Do a drain and fill daily to maintain a better ph level and hopefully you can recover from whatever deficiency it is.

3 Likes

I would need to see a current picture.
PERSONALLY I dont agree with adding revive, cal-mag, or recharge to a Grobo grow.
The nutrient bottles already have cal-mag and if you read through enough of these post, you may find that the growers adding recharge and revive complain the most about problems with their grow.
I like to keep it simple with just some hydroguard until flower then I do use big bud for blooming and flawless finish to flush.
Id love to see what your dealing with though!

3 Likes

Here are pics from this morning:

3 Likes

When was the last time you calibrated your probe? I would do a health check and calibrate if needed,
also try to perform a water res top off daily to help dilute the nute intake as much a possible, this helped me with my rusty problem and actually helped prevent it from getting worse!

3 Likes

I haven’t done a calibration as this is a new unit. I sent in more pics to support and also waiting to hear back from them.

Thank you for the advice and I have been doing top ups every 2 days. I think I might do a health check/calibrate as well.

Does it seem to be continuing?

1 Like

Not at all! Thus looks great, by the looks of it…it looks alright if you can control the rust some. it should slow down for sure but I’m no champ by any means… I’m just judging based on my own experience! It’s always good to calibrate just to rule that out as well especially if it’s that far along without a check or re cal thus far, I calibrated my probe 2 times during my grow and also keeping filled to see if it’s a underlying issue in unit or just because of nutes some way or reason.

2 Likes

Were your nutrient bottles fresh when you started?
If so you may have a blockage/kink in the lines, thoroughly check your lines because for this far along you have too much of 4 & 5 and possibly 3.
If your reusing bottles it may cause a bacteria problem eventually.
Also I would turn them on their sides to keep a better look out.

2 Likes

Well when I finished the ak-47 grow in the other Grobo I emptied the bottles 3-5 into my other Grobo growing this lamb’s bread. 3 and 4 both hit the low marks on the bottle, then I topped it up with the remaining nutes and marked the levels with stars. Also, on bottle 5 you can see 2 dots next to each other indicating no nute dispense that week.

2 Likes

Got ya! You definitely need to follow that line on 5 if it didn’t dispence. If you can’t find a kink in that line then recalibrate and put in a ticket.

3 Likes

I typically pinch all bottles hoses twice during the grow, just to ensure nothing bottle necks as i empty bottles into new bottles and sometimes there is debris or color change in the bottles, typically in 4 and 5.

2 Likes

Update: Did the weekly scheduled drain/fill but this time I did not add any supplements. I just pH’d the water. After filling I heard bottles #3 and #4 dispense but nothing from #5.

I tested the drained water that was removed and it had a PPM of 1400! Since bottle #5 didn’t dispense and I have what looks like Cal/Mag deficiency I added 20ml of Cal/Mag afterwards. Any other suggestions team?