Happy Grobo customer [In Progress]

Hi All,
So I purchased my Grobo thru Amazon in Feb. 2020. So thru Amazon they didn’t offer the 3 yr warranty. I know I’m a couple months past due. So I sent email to Grobo about trying to purchase warranty. And I was told since I have had it past 30 days I can’t get a 3 yr warranty. Even when I am still under the 1 yr factory warranty. Goes to show Grobo is all about money not the patient. Sorry folks but that’s not how you should be doing business to keep customers happy and long term. Make sure if you want your 3 yr warranty buy within 30 days of turning on Grobo. FYI.
Just my 2 cents

Did you buy through a 3rd party seller because I can’t find Grobo on Amazon?

1 Like

No, seller was Grobo. They might not have any stocked. Because when I first seen them at the end of 2019 they sold out and at beginning of 2020 they had a few in stock.

This is interesting. I had a similar sentiment after purchasing my unit. I contacted the support team and they answered all my questions that day. I was offered the same info I was given when I bought my unit. They were pretty transparent and helpful. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble though. Hope it works out.

1 Like

As a business I can somewhat understand their response. If it came from Grobo directly…why wouldn’t they offer an additional warranty? If you bought on Amazon, why not order from the company directly?

1 Like

Thanks, I just would of really liked to get the 3 yr warranty instead of only 1 yr factory warranty so I can keep Grobo up and running for longer time. I believe my Grobo is good for the year but what about after…that’s only reason. I don’t have any issues as of now. Been running since Feb. 2020 and Got 1 harvest. But I hear people’s lights, air pumps, also wifi connection issues or going out. Just don’t want to happen after year warranty is up. If so I guess I will be getting tent sooner than I expected.

1 Like

When I ordered thru Amazon there was no option for the 3 year warranty. It just came with factory 1 yr warranty. Because the only way I could afford purchase was thru Amazon.

If you are concerned with the warranty of your product, have you looked into Credit Card extended warranty? They normally cover up to another year over your warranty expiration. I used a chase visa card on my purchase and it covers my grobo for 2 years since i had a 1 year warranty. Its a policy that not many card holders are aware of.

4 Likes

I can understand that. But like I said, grobo is not on Amazon now, and as a startup I wouldn’t think they would be on Amazon. That’s why I asked. My assumption was it was a 3rd party seller and Grobo wouldn’t offer an extended warranty beyond when it was purchased. I can’t buy an extended warranty for my car after I buy it, it’s buy at purchase or not at all.

1 Like

Thanks Vicc, I will definitely look into that. Appreciate the feedback :+1:t4:

1 Like

Just for the record for the sake of this discussion:

https://www.amazon.com/Grobo-Premium-Automated-Grow-Box/product-reviews/B07FM5PM4F?reviewerType=all_reviews

https://www.amazon.com/Grobo-One-Automated-Grow-Box/dp/B07FM5PM4F/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_pl_foot_top?ie=UTF8

2 Likes

Sold by Grobo

3 Likes

Thank you all for your reply’s but I guess you snooze you lose… o well I guess I will be spending less on Grobo in the future after all. Happy Growing!

I mean, I understand where you’re coming from and why you’re upset… but when I think about it, I can’t think of one company that sells an extended warranty 7 months after you bought something… It sucks that Amazon didn’t give you the option, but a 1 year factory warranty is still pretty good… Technically they would be covering your unit for 3 years and 7 months then wouldn’t they if they agreed to sell you one… which makes it more likely for them to be shelling out more money, and as a business, it makes sense to me.

Not trying to upset you further… hopefully you can figure something out as Vicc suggested.

2 Likes

Not necessarily since 3 yr warranty wouldn’t go into effect until after the factory 1 yr warranty is up. But like I said I understand… I would think they would want the customer to get warranty to keep machine going so they can profit from customer continually buying Grobo nutes and product to keep machine running. Any hoot it’s all a learning experience. You win some you lose some. :+1:t4:

1 Like

Hey @AandM-farms,

Thanks for sharing your story here. I’m just back from vacation and catching up on your post. For some context…

We were selling units on Amazon, but removed them. We are improving our process and building our inventory and I expect you will see us selling there again shortly. We did not offer the extended warranties through Amazon at the time, we will be adding them when we return.

Our policy is to not offer an extension after 30 days of use (once your return window has closed). That being said, I’m more than willing to do a quick diagnostic on your unit and see what we can offer to solve this. Shoot me an email to support@grobo.io and we can continue to chat there.

Cheers,
Stephen

9 Likes

@Stephen to save the day!

3 Likes

Hi Stephen ,
There are no issues with my Grobo. I was just wanting to get the extended warranty so I can keep my Grobo running for as long as I can. Like I stated I understand I appreciate it. But I would think since it was still under factory warranty the extended would still be available. Lesson learned. Good luck in the future and hope you had a very relaxing vacation.:+1:t4:

1 Like

Hi Stephen,

I understand I was just hoping since I was still under the factory warranty I could possibly get the extended warranty. Any hoot my Grobo is working great. No issues here besides the wait time :wink: . I was just looking for extended warranty to keep Grobo working for as long as I possibly can. With having the warranty I know it doesn’t cover all cost but everything is costly now a days and trying to save the extra buck or two would be helpful. I know with warranties it does help out if needed.

Thanks for your time

I appreciate the feedback.

Have a great day

Adrian

@AandM-farms,

Sent you an update from our support channel. Let me know if I can help further!

Cheers,
Stephen

2 Likes