Growing help

Gonna leave this alone as I highly doubt that was a response from him.

Are you poking multiple holes through the pod with a toothpick? The peat pods are dense, so we need to create a path for the root to travel. If you have been, then you can perform some surgery, @SilverGrobo has some pictures to explain what to do, I don’t feel like searching.

3 Likes

Hi Fireguy!

Here’s what Todd said:

And yes, I’ve poked holes in the pod.

2 Likes

Interesting, guess surgery is your only option. Though you may have bought crappy genetics.

2 Likes

I have successfully grown Autos in the Grobo. @Todd.grobo is correct, they are all over the place with how the grow and react to events.

This is not to say they are bad or do not produce. It is just to say, customer service advice is not necessarily going to be correct. Actually nobody’s advice is a guarantee. Todd is just protecting their ability to be credible.

That is precisely why this forum was created. We are able to ask other farmers who may have some issues customer service does not cover.

With that being said, your seed looks weak. Usually seeds pop and Jump out of the pod looking for light. If your seed starts slow and looks deformed, most would say drop another seed. Weakness may continue and waste precious grow time.

This may be due to the seed lot, something in the water, or something you are adding. If you are not doing anything outside of Grobo nutes, then try again and change the water source.

If the water is pure and good and the nutes are pure, then it has to be the seeds. Unfortunately, we all are subject to obtaining good seeds. I do not know a solution other than pay and pray.

Just my Stoner opinion man. I would chalk it up to searching for a bag and the dude said he had the fire. I waited and waited. Finally drove to him and it was full of seeds and stems…
I cursed but didn’t quit smoking or searching. I eventually got better connections so I could guarantee my exchanges were awesome.

Go Raiders!

5 Likes

I have a bad batch of Do Si Dos seeds I been posting about. It happens and I am on seed 5 for only my 2nd grow and still not sure it will go or not.

I use autos and had a good grow and have more autos coming. The problem with autos is, Grobo can not help and make changes to fix a lot of the things, you just let them go and some say to not even top, lollipop or even trim a lot. The photos, Grobo can make changes, lights and all that to help or even save a bad grow.

3 Likes

I start the seeds the old way in a shot glass, :grinning: put it in a wet paper towel until about an inch root. So you can see in a couple days what it’s doing.

Then I pick it up and gently slide it in the pod and slightly cover it with a small piece of pod.

Some seeds dont pop, some might try to grow down, had that happen, you really dont know what it will do until an inch or few inches high.

I would probably restart that, its up to you though. Sometimes better to restart if not losing a lot of time.

2 Likes

Only part of the info is being shared or presented here too, which skews the view.

Were here to help but I need to have some minimum standards when trying to teach. And as the teacher I should get to provide guidelines.

Whether people listen to me or not is their choice.

I am continually learning and dont expect to stop anytime soon. I will continue to share what i can when i can.

4 Likes

Or you know those individuals that don’t show any care or love for there unit and plant and want to come at you when things go wrong. think its a one time fill and leave it for 3 months! :joy:

Not trying to be a meanie or talking about any one in particular that was just to the people that do those things lol

1 Like

I figured as much @Todd.grobo. For someone to say”they won’t help me unless I grow photos” does not make sense to me.

3 Likes

I’m not trying to flame anyone here or present one sided views of anything anyone said. @todd.Grobo I’m sorry if you feel misrepresented, as that wasn’t my intention.

As I said privately, it’s irritating to have purchased seeds only to find out now that Autos are more difficult. I probably should have done that research before buying seeds, but I know virtually nothing about growing.

Looks like ill have to spring for some photo seeds.

2 Likes

I’m not trying to flame anyone here or present one sided views of anything anyone said. @todd.Grobo I’m sorry if you feel misrepresented, as that wasn’t my intention.

As I said privately, it’s irritating to have purchased seeds only to find out now that Autos are more difficult. I probably should have done that research before buying seeds, but I know virtually nothing about growing.

Looks like ill have to spring for some photo seeds.

2 Likes

Thank you.
I want to help. You know that.

Help me help you. I am sorry there is a cost to it. My goal is a successful harvest for you as you know. Its a process to enjoy!

3 Likes

2 Likes

Ugh tommy boy. Boo

1 Like

Love to see the video referencing tommy boy…don’t remember it!

1 Like

I suggest you drop 3 seeds and try the shot glass to paper towel to pod method. Take the strongest one and put it in The Grobo.

Use distilled water only…
Maybe some Hydroguard if you have it. Nothing else…

Monitor the pod and keep it moist not wet…

Once it pops thru. Start to raise the pod slightly to slowly dry it out as the roots enter the water. Once they hit the water, the leaves :leaves: should be saluting the light!

You are then on your way to a nice harvest

2 Likes

- - - [2021-12.13]:

@preciousroy,

Surgery_Needed..~~ (2)

Surgery_Mask..2a~~
Surgery_Mask..2~~

Must_Work..~~ (3)

--

:wink::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::groboone::green_thumb:

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

3 Likes

I appreciate you 100%. I took great advice from you and others. The one thing I knew after research on this site. Is photoperiod seeds were more controllable and better for the grobo. I love how growers throw there two cents in on there grow opinions. It comes from experience. It gives me options. I take what I want and so on. Go AG!:sunglasses:

2 Likes

Hang in there man. I’ve made huge mistakes in the beginning. Which was august. I to jumped ahead of myself and realized it later. I am having a great experience now thanks to the help I get here. :sunglasses: Anxious to see your grow. We’re all here to help and support. :+1:t2:

2 Likes