Grow Tent Automation Project

It came with the Autopot Kit, it basically is but its very rigid and the lid is solid and covers better than any garbage can lid.

3 Likes

That answers all my questions! Congratulations you will be growing soon

3 Likes

Finally got some deliveries and some time to work on this project.
Here are some of the plant sensors and simple power controls I will be using. Also some pictures of the interface I am working on for the automation part… I put in some early screen shots of the phone and web interface. Live grow cam as well…

7 Likes

I’m working on a similar project myself. Definitely a small challenge.

5 Likes

Nice! Look forward to seeing it…

4 Likes

6 Likes

Just a note if anyone is looking at those sensors above. They are very good and simple setup if you use the common plant apps but for my project I wont be using those… They dont integrate well with what I am trying to do… I ordered these if anyone happens to use them already I would love to hear what you think about them…
https://wirelesstag.net/index.html

5 Likes

@CM1266,

• (#AwesomeIdeas): {:bulb: :brain:}:

--

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

3 Likes

I will update as I go for sure…

2 Likes

Grabbed someone’s layout from the forum Thank You whomever designed it. Very simple but I have my auto cure jars and pump. I’ll be automating that with a timer on the interface. Almost ready to get some plants in here😎

5 Likes

Best system ever!! I’m still burping my jars 1 time a week for 15 min’s with this setup… Yours is setup a bit different than mine on how you setup hose’s but should still be ok…

4 Likes

What did you do differently? When you cure you’re doing 15 Mins a week? Is that your go to timing for the whole cure or do you do something differently for the first week or two? I have seen various opinions on the cure…

2 Likes

Wow that’s awesome :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I added Some Grow timers and automation

4 Likes

Oh my!!! I still using Fred Flinstone’s equipment :joy:

3 Likes

Im sure you do just fine! It might look fancy atm but it hasn’t grown a plant yet! lol

1 Like

The first week of curing I set my timer for every 12 hours turn on 15 mins (2 times a day)

then week 2 to 3 I changed to 15 mins every 24 hours (1 time a day)

week 4 I changed my time to every 2 days 15 mins

Week 5 until today still… 1 time a week 15 mins run

Timing depends on RH valve in your jars… Once my RH valves dropped below 55% I added 62% boveda packs in the jars…

I should add that I also every few days tapped the jars with the lid on to unstick the buds…

What is different with my setup is

I used this tool to make holes in the airline

My fresh air in line is longer it wraps around the jar with a plug on the end not the best picture but it’s what I have on hand

My final setup looks like this

I found that placing one check valve outside of the jar allowed for more room in the jar

I found that after about 10 - 12 jars going with that air pump it’s close to maxed (but I guess it depends on what your check valves open at)

I found that I got 100% seal with rubber grommets by putting the check valves in the rubber grommets… I tried with the hose and had leaks but that depends on the size of your rubber grommets your using…

That’s about it honestly your setup maybe 100% fine just sharing my trial and error

5 Likes

Your GUI setup looks really nice so far

3 Likes

Thats much better, you’re getting distributed airflow all around… I will have to do that, thanks for the tip.

2 Likes

One thing I forgot to say… When you burp many jars at the same time look out!!! The smell is OMG great but it can really make your house smell…

I fixed that problem by Adding a 6" carbon filter in my room on a timer to start when burping starts and it runs for 1 hour after burp is complete… Just a tip if your looking to kill the smell

4 Likes