@CM1266 Blue Dream is a major rigorous grower!
Jesus look at the size of those things
Trying out the vac seal curing method. I’m told I will have a much better aroma and a tighter final product, as well as it reduces the curing time needed so I’m giving it a shot and see how it goes
Half in jars half in vac seals
That ain’t the first time I heard plz keep me posted on the finish line
Thats y I’m really looking into that drying an curing machine the less work I have to do the better trying to have my whole setup like that
I liked the results after 1 day of the vac seal curing so much that I decided to put them all into vac seals. The aroma is super strong, buds are so much more sticky and have a much better tight and harder structure
- after harvest, cure in Jars for 3 days then transfer into vac seal bags (be sure to leave about 2/3 room above the buds so you have room to reseal and burp when needed) with humidity packs
- burp one pack every 10 days to inspect the bud, if it’s good then the rest are good no need to burp.
- If the buds are not dry and moist then burp the rest for 20 minutes then seal again.
- Cut Open Seal
- Take a big whiff and smell the buds and make sure there are no moldy smell
- Break up the buds (they are ultra sicky and will look like 1 giant block)
- Let it air out for 20 minutes
- Reseal the bag
- Remove buds from Vac Seal packs and move into Jars
- Cure in jars burping daily for 3 days without humidity pack or with 58% RH pack (This gives it the final consistency that I personally enjoy).
Can you explain how to “burp” the packs and when done, whether re-sealing is a quick process. I am fascinated by this !
@DeeDub I updated the steps above with the burping instructions. Sealing and Resealing is the same process, super easy to do with the vacuum seal machine, they cost like $25 on amazon.
Man if I do get that machine I will definitely try it like that this time thanks for being so detailed
Excellent ! Thank you so much for great info…gotta give it a try.
Thanks for sharing! Thats awesome. I “accidentally” cured some bud this way once but didn’t know I was even doing that. I had some bud that was pretty dry and was probably never cured properly. It wasnt very potent. So I sealed it with boveda packs for a rainy day. When I was low on my “quality bud”, I opened the vac seal and the bud was 1000x times better. Ive been burping my latest harvest in jars for about 5 days, but I think I’m going to vac seal them now.
That’s awesome, thanks for sharing! The buds also came out looking so much more professional this way as well. The bud quality so far does look distribution ready at this point, but I’m definitely curing much longer
Look at the size of that one
Took a small batch of Hutchcroft and GG4 out for sampling after 10 days in the vac seal. The aroma of the buds are on point and they are super dense and sticky after separating the buds from another. I also took some closeup shots of the buds. They are in the small 1/8 jars in the photo (for those curious for scale)
GG4 (Gorilla Glue)
Modified the gummy recipe a bit and made another batch. This one came out much better than the last one. The last recipe uses lecithin which gave the gummies a fruit snack like texture. I swapped lecithin out for guar gum, honey and citric acid. The results turned out great, the texture is is very gummy (sort of reminds of me this local product called lazy fruit), I heard that maltic acid is also good to use, I will probably try that next and compare, but I do like this current recipe a lot.
Extra Strength Canna Coconut Oil
2 oz bud
32 oz coconut oil
Fuse decarb bud into coconut oil, I used a sous vide method but any method works
- 9oz Lime Green Jello Powder
- 3 tbs of unflavored gelatin
- 1 tsp guar gum
- 4 tbs kool-aid sour green apple
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tsp citric acid
- 1 tbs honey
- 4 drops of Lor Ann’s concentrate fruit drop apple
- Bloom the gelatin in 1/2 cup of cold water
- Simmer the other half cup of the water and kool-aid, honey and Lor Ann’s flavor drops,
- Add the flavored jello powder, set heat low and mix gently but well
- Add unflavored gelatin, and continue to simmer and mix gently but well (a silicone spatula works great for this)
- Take off heat and add citric acid, gently mix well
- In a separate bowl, mix the canna oil with guar gum
- Pour the canna oil mixture into the jello mixture and continue to gently mix well. If there are oils floating to the top, mix more guar gum with canna oil and add to the jello mixture, continue to mix until all the ingredients binds well.
- Fill molds and freeze for 20 minutes
- Remove from molds and toss in light cornstarch
- Let gummies dry until desired chew is achieved then store in air tight containers.
Look gd how do they taste
They taste like candy sour apple with a hint of coconut oil at the end. Taste much better than the first recipe. I’m glad i made these adjustments to the recipe.
I definitely will try it when I reach that point