Grobo Water Chiller

Hey everyone!
It was great to see a preview into some upcoming Grobo accessories like this Water Chiller

This sounds like a great product to help keep the ideal temps in the water tank. Could you let us know where this product would sit inside the unit and what the separate adapter lid looks like?

4 Likes

I tried to order one but they are out of stock. Would be a great addition if it works like intended.

2 Likes

Would love to see the installation info, how it works, and actual water temp drop ranges? Also noticed it requires it’s own NEW lid to accommodate. In ALL honesty, I can’t see this working for more than 2-3 degrees F. From the pictures and description, it LOOKS like a fan connected to some stainless rods. Rods go in the water, soak up heat and radiate out the fan??? Looking at the limited info, works in ranges from 50-86F. If this tiny little thing can cool from 86F down to 70F, i’d buy 2…1 for my grobo and 1 for my tent!

3 Likes

We will soon! All in good time!
But right now its time to atay fresh, Grobo fresh. Heh

3 Likes

This looks interesting!

I had considered trying to retrofit the IceProbe (novatec) to my grobo in the past.

4 Likes

Just a beginner thought but what about venting the pod lid? Let that heat out from the water and possibly add humidity? I have a 2.5 gallon fish tank with bubbles and vented well. It maintains 76 degrees.

2 Likes

There are a couple possible issues with this depending on how it’s done. Firstly, roots HATE the light, plus algae thrives off light. Having a constant light source allowed into the res could cause algae blooms as well as damage the root system. Secondly, I would imagine with ways for that heat to escape, this would increase water evaporation in the res. In the early stages it’s not a big deal as the plant drinks minimal amounts of water, but once you get to the end of late veg and especially flower, it would be hard to stay on top of. Most growers here top off their res at least once if not twice a week in flower. I do like where your head is at though, gives other growers ideas for their own types of modifications.

3 Likes

Good to know. Thank you :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Because of information I’ve read from you guys I’m getting some hydro guard and a couple of fans. :+1:t2:

5 Likes

- - - [2021-09.16]:

Sep 16, 6:24 AM

@miami5th,

• (I_ :eye: Seen_ :eyes: This Item Too):

• (Did [AnyOne] Eye_ :eye: Out The Nutes Under_ :arrow_down: The Table):? :question:

• (Not_ :no_entry_sign: Yet Seen_ :dark_sunglasses: In Store :department_store: :convenience_store:):

~~~

- - - [2021-09.29]:

@DRaider,

• (Please Share Us Your Results On The Water Chiller): {:pleading_face:}:

~~~

- - - [2021-10.07]:

• (This Size Is Pretty Massive): {:elephant:}:

!

• ([WhoEver] Designed This Chiller Wasn’t Thinking We Were Going To Have A Plant [InSide]):

• (I_ :eye: [ReDesigned] The Configuration That We Could Work With):

~~~

- - - [2021-10.08]:

@FireBall,

~~~

- - - [2021-10.22]:

@DRaider,

--

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

3 Likes

Great catches! Lots to be excited about indeed.

2 Likes

Great catches! Lots to be excited about indeed.

3 Likes

I have one on the way will be sure to post update of installation and functionality!

1 Like

Hi Todd I’m curious if there is a contact for me to check on the delivery of my water chiller. It’s been a couple of weeks since I ordered and I have had 0 correspondences. Thanks brother.

Hey @STANK,

Please email our support team for questions like this at support@grobo.io and we can assist. All Growers isn’t the place for order updates.

Thanks!

Stephen

2 Likes