Grobo vs Leaf

hi guys.
i did some resurch regarding Leaf. it is an Israeli guy. as much as i know the Leaf is targeted to grow cannabies and thats their marketing strategy.
they are in eraly stage of designing and i couldent find any video showing a prototype functioning.
conserning Grobo their only reference is that Leaf has a bigger growing space and that it seams Grobo will be more expensive to buy.
they haven’t released any supply/shipping date for their product.
as an Israeli, i take them seriously and i asked them for information but still (more then a mounth now) did not get any response.

continue the greate work you are doing and accelerate the efforts to ship Grobo as the first to be commercial will conquer the market!

all the best.
Gilad

Hey Gilad,

Thanks for your kind words! I’ve responded to your email.

Cheers,
Stephen

So Leaf released there product pricing today. 3000 dollars for what looks like a large mini fridge. I’d rather stick with the Grobo. It’s less expensive and it looks better. Plus, I dig the fact that the Grobo development team has been so transparent with us and are easily accessible.

3 Likes

So they have gone from 4 plants to 1 and are more than double our price. Interesting. Where did you find this breaking news?

Lol, I signed up to get the pre-release news a while back. Looks like all the info is available now on their site though.

Looks overpriced and overly bulky compared to the Grobo. I think the only advantage (which isn’t really an advantage) to me is that you can hook it up to your home water supply.

I’m sticking with Grobo.

1 Like

good news for Grobo. i totaly agree with SterlingNico. although in some categories in life bigger/larger is better, in this case the size of Leaf is an disadvantage as it needs to be plased somewhere in the house and a refrigider size box is difficult to “just” place it anywhere! especially for young people that usually live in small appartments.
as for the price i’m surprised… all the way they targeded $1299 how did they come with $3000?!! good for us!!
on top of all the abouve the Leaf is bad looking… very bad looking!
I feel good… very good about making the choice to buy GROBO!

GO GROBO… GOOOOO!!!

2 Likes

hi guys.

seems since you guys started, the idea has became a phenomenon… here is another site advertising a system for home growing.

the site looks very similar to yours, making you wonder how obvious it is an imitation of GROBO…

any way… look at it. see if you can get somthing out of this information, (at least knowing the issue of home growing is caching up so fast assures we are on a good track).

all the best
Gilad

1 Like

You know, there’s one thing that drives me nuts with all these Johnny Come Latelies. And it’s the fact that they are kinda make a joke of there own product.

Grobo really seems to take themselves seriously and I get the vibe that they really believe in the product they are making. All the other are basically running there marketing towards stupid stoners or millennial males with a “Hey, look at us, we grow weed. LULZ, give us money!” It’s almost offensive.

Everything I’ve seen looks bulkier, and I will almost bet the app’s they use to monitor will crash all the freaking time.

Oh, and everyone also looks WAY more expensive than Grobo. It’s like Hooli vs. Pied Piper. (Silicon Valley joke for the win!)

3 Likes

Love the SV joke SterlingNico!!

We are very proud of what we have developed, We can’t wait to show you some excited updates in the next few months and then actually ship your Grobos ASAP!

3 Likes

I learnt about Grobo today and I’m really impressed.

Before I was thinking about getting a Leaf box but now I’m not sure sure anymore.

Will Grobo support the drying of Cannabis like the Leaf does?

2 Likes

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your kind words!

You will be able to dry your flower in the Grobo when you are done and take advantage of the carbon filter for odour issues. I’m personally not a fan of the Leaf ‘dry rack’ system that has the grower laying those precious buds down and heating them up in order to dry faster. (Yikes!) We are much more traditional in our method of air drying before we recommend curing in a glass jar.

Hope this helps…

Hi Stephen,

Thanks so much. Now I’m sold on the Grobo. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi there,

Great product and love that you’re a Canadian company!

I’m curious, does the Grobo have an internal camera like the Seedo Lab and Leaf? Also, is the door lock controllable from the app?

Thanks!

Hi Matt,

Welcome to All Growers & thanks for your kind words. We considered an internal camera, and you may see one in a future iteration, but for now no. A lot of time needs to be spent on the security of such a setup, and we are focusing on plant quality more. The door lock is controlled by the app, yes!

Cheers

1 Like

:wink::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::groboone::green_thumb:

1 Like

If the door will close! Mine came so damaged the door will not even close far enough to lock! It will also leak light into the cabinet, something I know will not work for growing good weed. I have been growing weed for many years in more traditional ways and know this unit (with the shipping damage) is NOT going to work out.

Hey @rodcross

I’m sorry that your experience has been tarnished by poor handling by the shipping company. But you have to realize that the issues you are facing with the damaged unit is not in any way the Grobo teams fault.

I had a small issue with the locking mechanism for my Grobo and I was a little upset at first but then I fixed it with the help of the knowledgeable staff over at Grobo. After that I had an issue with my PH probe being uncalibrated and the unit would over dose the system. This was once again rectified in a timely manner through the help of the Grobo team.

Essentially what I’m trying to convey to you is that even though it’s understandably frustrating when issues arise with such an expensive unit. However from my experience so far I would suggest a little patience. The Grobo team is dedicated to their customers and they will get you sorted out ASAP.

Cheers and I’m looking forward to seeing some pics of your new grow when you get your damaged unit replaced.

2 Likes

Can I use my own bottled nutrients?. I have “Humboldt’s secret nutrients”. Is it possible to purchase a grobo , Or is there already a shop where I can purchase? (Might buy 2)

1 Like

@Thareal_fuccthelaw_3,

• (#Welcome): :wave:t4: :wink:

--

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

2 Likes

Hey @Thareal_fuccthelaw_3,

Sorry, those nutes won’t work in our automated system. You can check out more about our Grobo Premium or Grobo Solid HERE.

Cheers,
Stephen

1 Like