Grobo start?

can I transfer these to soil

6 Likes

@Jesse_Posada - Hey buddy! Wow those seedlings sure are on the tall side! Has the Start’s light always been in that position? It looks like considerable stretching took place as the seedlings were trying to reach the higher light.

Here’s a pic of my 3 Start seedlings:

They might be able to make it though. Not sure about switching the plant from a hydroponic grow to soil.

5 Likes

Yes 100% you can

3 Likes

how would i transfer these guys to soil

1 Like

Just cut away the peat pod or bury the pod in dirt!
P.s. Your light extension should not be on until the plant surpasses the light, then add extension, Less stretch until time for it! :eyes::seedling:

3 Likes

Has anyone tried using FloraFlex’s coco incubator plugs? After messing around with the peat pods to see how well they work I noticed that they become very saturated with water, which as someone who has gone through multiple damping down issues worries me.

https://floraflex.com/product/50-pack-incubator-plugs-1-25-4040/

4 Likes

Had to add this to the topic because @miami5Mk asked a game changing question!
( can another extension be added onto the grobo start light for more height?).

@Mpower11 solved the question with this pic…

So now you know what I’m gonna do right? Cilantro forever! :eyes::seedling:

5 Likes

@Bplatinum9 But, can you purchase the extra extension separately or do you need to buy another Start?

@Stephen are the extensions for the Start sold separately or just packaged in the Start? If not you could probably make a killing selling them separately.

4 Likes

StephenGrobo Team - Horticulturalist

(/t/grobo-start-light-extension/9895/8?u=bplatinum9)

Hey @miami5th and @KleanRipz,

Great question, we do not have these available for sale separately, but I’ve pinged the team to see if it’s something we should consider adding. Nice catch!!

Cheers,
Stephen

5 Likes

They would be fools not to sell them separately. That and the reservoir liner, extra green plugs for the unused holes, etc.

3 Likes

You do know the reservoir comes out for cleaning?
But great ideas!!! :eyes::seedling:

2 Likes

I do know that, but what if you accidentally break it?

2 Likes

Id be more
Inclined to replace it If broken for fear the liner may leak but I could see it coming in handy for an emergency! :eyes::seedling:

1 Like

:astonished: :astonished: :astonished:

3 Likes

:+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

2 Likes

So question, Let’s say I had cilantro and basil in 2 pods and they are well along. Say a month, would you be able to put a cannibus seed in the remaining pod at any time and mix them or would they change the chemistry of the water and you shouldn’t mix the two? Thoughts?

2 Likes

If you plan on trying growing big plants in the start I think 1 plant only… Honestly from my 1 plant test in the start I see this as a plant starter only (2 weeks max)…

3 Likes

@Jesse_Posada Hey I just noticed that your water level is way too high! We should only be adding 650ml + the liquid nutrients. It looks like the unit was filled all the way up until the Float reached the top. This will put the peat pods in the water and drown them.

3 Likes

@miami5th thanks for the tip your right i didn’t measure the water i just filled up i’ll change the water though and this time measure it also one other thing some people say my extension shouldn’t of been added yet, i was afraid the light might burn the plant so when should i add the extension

2 Likes

So my cilantro has been in the start for 40 days.
I bought a mint leaf plant from the grocery store and cleaned the dirt from the roots before adding.
I may buy another start just for herbs!
@CM1266, you can mix!

3 Likes