Grobo nutrients not lasting full grow [RESOLVED]

Hi everyone,

I was just wondering what everyone’s experience is when it comes to the nutrients growbo provides for each grow. I’m finding that my nutes dont last for the entire grow. Does anyone else have this issue? I had purchased a second set of nutes but had to use them several weeks ago because the firat set was practically used up. Now i have a week felt of flower and the second round of nutrients are half empty. And the #1 is almost gone. I reached out to them to see if i could be sent some more without having to pay. It states each round of nutes would be enough for one full grow.

3 Likes

You need 2 for a full grow usually as some will run out. I replaced 5 and 3 already on mine with about 3 weeks left.

If they send you more, they better send everyone more :grinning: as that is normal and how you go thru them.

3 Likes

Lol yeah i dont know if they will but they state that one set of nutrients is enough for a grow. Thats a little misleading i feel then.

2 Likes

Hey @Akira6063,

I just finished chatting with the support team, you should see a response to your ticket shortly.

Your nutrient usage will vary based on which of the 3000+ recipes you choose, the type of water in your location, the strain you use, etc. Checking in on your last grow, I see you’ve extended your recipe 6 times. That will certainly use more nutes up. If you extend a recipe, expect to use an extra set of nutes for sure.

Also, seems like the additions you are making by hand are also causing extra bottle 1 to be used to keep you in recipe range.

Cheers,
Stephen

5 Likes

Thanks for the response.

3 Likes

nutrients for me last on a full grow 2 to 2 1/2 bottles of bottle 3,4,and 5. but as they said depends on recipe bottle 1 and 2 should last up too 3 grows if you use the correct water and the machine is calibrated correctly hope this helps also

3 Likes

I am using up what I have left, but dosing nutes myself seems to produce better results for me. Tons cheaper. Only takes an extra few minutes per week.

3 Likes

Next grow I am doing 2 of the same strain in the my 2 Grobos, one with Grobo auto dosing and one dosing myself to get a head to head comparison.

2 Likes

I wish they were cheaper than 2G’s. I can get more with less. But it’s the everything being automated I guess people believe that’s what the money it’s just I don’t know but I think they’re cool I really really think they’re cool I do want one I just don’t have two g’s the do that with yet. I plan on getting me one just to have one and check it out.
That’s a while still… Got to get my new technique down so I can get the real money at my vendor.

1 Like

IMO, grobo is a learning tool, or for someone with VERY limited space. Almost every grower I’ve seen with a grobo has moved to a tent. I have my tent, but continue to use my grobo for a 3rd plant. It’s easy, but doesn’t produce like my tent.

3 Likes

You are absolutely correct. It let me learn piece by piece. First an auto for the basics. Then some fems for trimming, cropping, and understanding the cycles. Then using my own nutes. The Grobo was definitely an invaluable tool for learning.

3 Likes

Thats a great idea. Let me know how it goes. Post lots of pics mid grow.

1 Like

You will get better results, but be carful to not overdose like I did. :grinning: Still trying to save mine as I put to much either Bud Candy, Big Bud or Overdrive or maybe “all three” and it dried and crisped up and I had to go to a week of flush mid flowering to try it to get to absorb nutes again. It helped a little, but until I cut it down next week, not sure how much damage was done or how much weight I lost. Once I weigh it, should have a better understanding. I was optimistic about trying for 2 ounces, but now if I squeak out with an ounce I will be super happy.

1 Like

Many people that I talk to think Grobo is for people in apts, small places that can’t really fit a grow tent setup. So they can still have fun, just on a smaller level. Also many think Grobo is for growing in areas you can’t, why small and inconspicuous and does not look like what it is.

I can have a 20x20 or 5x7 or 10x14 grow room easily here, just I went with 2 Grobos as easy to use and if you change your mind or want to go bigger, you can pick it up, set it in a van and move it if needed. :grinning:

2 Likes