Grobo newby

I am anxiously awaiting the delivery of my Grobo. Very excited to see what it can do.

I am trying to figure out the best location for the machine. My basement would be good but this time of year its only 60 degrees F (15.5 C) down there–is this too cool for the box?

Thanks!

3 Likes

I’m not an expert but I would choose a slightly warmer room. At 50f I believe it can be cold enough to damage your plant.

The light inside the grobo does raise the temperature a little bit. I’m more concerned when the light is off your temp is cold enough that it could slow down growth to a certain level.

Let’s see what the experts have to say about this.

3 Likes

@urbanfarmer I’m pretty sure I just read that they like to be anywhere from 18-22C. So 60 would be too cold I think. Maybe see what @Stephen says about it

2 Likes

What @Stephen (who is probably enjoying a well deserved turkey nap right at this moment) likes to tell me is generally that if you are cold, the plant is cold, and if you are warm, then the plant is warm. 15-16 degrees does sound a little cold, and it would be ideal to have the plant in a warmer spot to just ensure the best results.

3 Likes