Grobo Leak [RESOLVED]

Hey @stephen & other Grobo growers…I have a new leak…

I have reviewed a previous thread on this topic (Grobo Leaking? - #19 by shadowcipher89). I am hesitant to take the Grobo apart myself. I am on my second Grobo grow & am concerned to have this issue this soon into my investment…making me appreciate my tent more and more.

I am 3 days overdue for water change due to relatives visiting…I’ve often delayed water changes for 2-3 days in the past with no deleterious effects. “Layla” (Zkittlez Auto) is currently on day 1 of flowering. I have not added any water as the water level is still adequate to provide the roots plenty of water & nutes. I know the leak is not due to overfilling. I have made no mods to my unit other than adding some USB LED lights inside.

My unit is a refurb purchased thru Grobo. Where should I start my troubleshooting? Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Yes…all external electrical components elevated above floor after pics taken.

My guess would be the 3 nuts inside the back panel for the water sensors. Can’t imagine a crack in the res so that’s where I’d start. Unfortunately the back panel needs to come off to tighten these. Sorry, not completely off, just all screws out so it can be pulled all the way back.

3 Likes

Can you provide any pics/images to help me identify the nuts I would be looking for? I am clueless and would love to have a clue before opening the back panel. I am willing to do the work…just want to know what I am doing so I do it right. Again…TIA

I don’t have that info available, maybe another champ has pics. If you pull the back panel away (all screws connect at rear of box), there are three black plastic nuts which align with the water level sensors. I bet one is a little loose.

@Todd.grobo do you have pics of the back panel open?

2 Likes

Took the back panel off…the black nuts are all tight…no moisture on surface around the nuts…leak seems to come from somewhere under the reservoir

1 Like

I had a very weird situation once that could explain this situation. I was doing drain/fill and received a phone call in the middle so I paused the drain function while I was on the phone. I came back to continue the drain and right before I removed the hoses from the wall where they are held with the magnet, the hose started draining again without me unpausing the process. I quickly unplugged the unit and plugged it back in, problem went away. Not sure if this helps but I have seen first hand the Grobo draining water without being told to.

1 Like

Thx @Wake…I checked and no moisture around the drain/fill hoses inside the unit so I do not think that is the issue…will keep exploring & wait for additional advice. Everything otherwise is working as it should. I was not in a drain/fill cycle…plan to do it tomorrow when I change out the water for my tent harem…just checking in on this girl for the night.

1 Like

Now I just need to chill & :pray: that all works out…so off to the hot tub with a big glass of wine

2 Likes

White buildup on the air pump is concerning. Is it operational?

1 Like

Yep…it is good…one of the first things I checked

No water on the wires from any of the level sensors? That white buildup is coming from moisture on the surface, not from evaporation.

1 Like

Although could be a connection on the fill or drain pump behind the left panel that somehow created a siphon too.

1 Like

Yes I was wondering this too. Evaporation doesn’t leave what looks to be mineral deposits.

2 Likes

I had that issue as well. Turned out it was a leveling issue. Just enough out of wack for an intermittent leak.

3 Likes

Too much to worry about for me. Before I headed to the hot tub, I unplugged & moved Layla out to a bubble boy bucket. A friend traded “something” for the unit. He plans to dismantle, reverse engineer & build back better. Not sure how much he will share, but I will still be here to read, learn & share some of my tent grow stuff. Cheers!

3 Likes

The only place that has or can leak from the reservoir is those 3 flips on the back. They became loosened and you could see water trails straight down.
The only other thing that leaked for me is the nutrient bottles but that is typically a sticky colored leak.
If the flippers are loose youll likely need a new reservoir
If none of those are it, is open a ticket for sure.

4 Likes

Youll need to replace that, open a ticket asap

2 Likes

Ya’all were right…it was the bottom nut…it seemed tight but wasn’t…fixed now and back in business…yay !! Thank all for the assist…much appreciated. Any future problems are now Jay’s to fix…I’m back to strictly tent grows.

7 Likes

I did the same thing. Comes loose again. Grobo replaced the part under warranty. I would suggest opening a ticket, even tho you have a temporary fix

2 Likes