Grobo is coming, which room to use, how much water?

Thanks for that. I am still here in the forum reading and plan to talk to him later about it.

1 Like

I talked to him and we just ordered the pro kit and 2 extra air stones. He is using a cellular 4g wifi hotspot and said he can leave it on 24/7 if he has to. Not sure if that is good enough as kinda slow, but guess we will find out unless someone from Grobo says it will be to slow.

@Stephen @GroboJulia @Todd.grobo should be able to help with that!

3 Likes

The unit is almost 100 pounds, please get help for moving up or downstairs. I moved mine up the stairs myself and it was not a pleasant experience and I am not a super bulky/buff guy. My concern would be your friend having access to the water he doesn’t have to carry up or down the stairs at 60+ years old.
You do need a constant internet connection and if you are running off of a wifi hotspot, will use about a gig of data a year. We can review connectivity once it’s set up.

4 Likes

Thanks. I could not reply until today, it said I was new and posted a lot :smiley: and to wait until the next day.

I went over there and looked at the basement and we picked an area, but it would have to run off an extension cord. He has a big thick yellow contractor type cord, not the thin normal cords like many use. Hope this will work, not sure how much draw the Grobo has.

We do have other options, if internet and extension cords are not good.

2 Likes

I have 10 gallons distilled water, so gettting there. All I need is the Grobo and seeds. :laughing:

1 Like

Please see our Knowledge Base article [HERE] regarding power consumption(How much energy does the Grobo use? – Grobo Help Center) for your answer. Check out the other articles for more information.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot of good info there. I missed it before. I didn’t know the door locked, I was thinking about how we could do it, but it has it. :grinning:

1 Like

Does it take long for the Grobos to ship? I have 10 gallons distilled water, my Pro Kit came with the extra nutrients, microscope, hanging stuff, cutters and all that. Two extra air stones and Hydroguard came. Seeds are coming any time, just need the Grobo now. :smiley:

1 Like

It should not be to long, mine was also delivered in 2 shots

Ours is out for delivery so mostly ready. I have some White Widow seeds already and ordered some Skunk #1. We were hoping Skunk to be our first grow, but the seed place sent an email 10-14 days maybe and we don’t want to wait being the Grobo is coming today. So looks like White Widow will be our first try. :grinning: Probably won’t start the grow until tomorrow though, maybe just unbox and set it up today.

1 Like

Cool, just let us know if you have any problem

1 Like

It looks like a round screen piece about 3 inches long came off one of the hoses. I know I saw somewhere here before which hose to attach it, one of the black ones, not sure which.

1 Like

It’s the longer one in the reservoir. If they look the same length you can fill the res and see which hose the water comes out. Put the screen on the other hose.

2 Likes

OK thanks, I was looking in the help section and could not find it again.

1 Like

I fixed that, but posted in the the support section as I think the door is not right.

While your are there, your Ph probe is in a container with liquid.
Remove that container just before you fill your reservoir, this probe does not like to stay out in the fresh air, it have to be in liquid all the time.

3 Likes

Good call @Ben

2 Likes

I made that mistake, it empty a bottle of Ph up (or down i am not sure) very very fast

3 Likes

Thanks, we started the first grow with White Widow as Skunk #1 will take a week or more to get here they said.

1 Like